Goodbye Jesus

Paradise For Muslim Women?!

The Sage Nabooru

For those of you who haven't read the Princess trilogy by Jean Sasson, telling the true story of a Saudi Arabian princess who told it to the author for publication, I exhort all of you to do so immediately. Even princesses in Arabia have no rights.

One thing that's strange is the Princess's excuses for Islam even amidst her cries of the torment and oppression of women in SA. She is still a true believer despite the Koran's detailing of the treatment of women, and it's easy to see why. On page 77 of the last book of the trilogy, Princess Sultana's Circle, she says:

The Holy Koran gives many details of the glory and pleasure that await those who honor God by living the earthly life of a good Muslim. Patient and obedient souls can look forward to spending eternity in one vast garden, watered with pleasant streams and shaded with green trees, dressed in silk and jewels. They will spend their time reclining on couches while eating the finest food. Wine will not be forbidden, as it is on earth, but will be served in silver goblets carried by handsome servants.

For a Muslim man fortunate enough to reach paradise, yet another reward awaits him. Seductively beautiful virgins, never yet touched by another man, will attend to his every need, and fulfill his every sexual desire. Each man will possess seventy-two of these lovely virgins.

Pious women will also enter paradise, and it is said that these women will receive the greatest joy from reciting the Koran and experiencing the supreme ecstasy of beholding Allah's face. All around these women will be children who never grow old. Of course, since Muslim women have no sexual desires, there will be no sexual partners awaiting them in paradise.

Holy shit, you mean I've been sitting here trying my best to get reborn in a higher dimension when I could be RECITING KORAN VERSES FOR ALL ETERNITY?!?! Sign me up! I can't wait to watch my husband getting it on with one of his virgins while I babysit perpetual children beyond time! It'll be like being a Muslim woman in life, only now I can't die! Can you even fathom the joys of it?

And yet another timeless example of how male dominated society is integrated heavily into religion.

text ...

Holy shit, you mean I've been sitting here trying my best to get reborn in a higher dimension when I could be RECITING KORAN VERSES FOR ALL ETERNITY?!?! Sign me up! I can't wait to watch my husband getting it on with one of his virgins while I babysit perpetual children beyond time! It'll be like being a Muslim woman in life, only now I can't die! Can you even fathom the joys of it?

Oh how joyful - to look upon the face of Allah!!!

Oh how joyful - no sexual desire!

Oh how joyful - to watch as my ex get's it off with perpetual virgins.

Oh, come on now!

What sick shit came up with Islam?

It had to be invented by a pubescent boy!

Sparrow

Huh? I had heard the place Allah got the virgins for his suicide bombers was that he turned virtuous and devoted housewives into virgins to give to his bomers.

Heh - those wacky Mooselims... :Wendywhatever:

Hmm... children that never grow old. Does that mean they would have to change dirty diapers for all eternity? Now thats a reward. Ick!

Well, my mom was claiming I have no libido, and now the Koran is...

I suppose I'll just become a Muslim, because gosh darnit, I don't want to have any sex! Plus, I just love (read:hate) children, so... that's paradise.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

When I was 12 I had a crush on the cutest little porcelain-faced romanian girl named Jenny Silberman. I saw her in my late twenties and she looked 40. I surmised, after hearing her story, that the extra lines on her young face were the result of her 5 yr marriage to a fundamentalist muslim, with the costume and the praying and the yada yada. Even after leaving it she still talked about it like it was the truth. The truth that obviously robbed her of her personhood. Western women?? Don't you know better?!

Sounds more like hell to me...

:eek: Okay then, where the hell do they get the virgins? And who the hell wants to lie on a couch all day forever?

Even after leaving it she still talked about it like it was the truth. The truth that obviously robbed her of her personhood. Western women?? Don't you know better?!

I would hazard that it's even MORE important to her now to assert it's the truth as she has sooooo much invested in it. Imagine going through all that and NOT believing?

:eek: Okay then, where the hell do they get the virgins? And who the hell wants to lie on a couch all day forever?

Well, what I'm wondering is, do the virgins in moslem paradise stay virgins perpetually (providing the "martyrs" with an eternity of bloody, less-than-spectacular sex)? Or do they have to be constantly replaced with new virgins (because virginity is like a balloon; one prick and it's gone)?

Okay. I can live with wearing fine silks and jewels all day, wandering in pleasant gardens, and drinking wine all the time. That sounds like fun.

I think I'd want to be in the man's heaven, tho.' If only to be the Madam to the virgins.

:wicked:

Come on ladies.....Do you really want 72 "virgin men" to sleep with just so you can be equal with men? Allah must have known the inexperience of virgin men would never please women. Praise allah and all his wisdom!!!!

Allah must have known the inexperience of virgin men would never please women.

Personally, I wouldn't be too thrilled with the virgin women either. Give me 1 dirty wore over 72 virgins any day! :wicked:

What's weird is that earlier in the series she talks about the frustrated sexuality of Saudi women and how she was one of them who would claim she enjoyed sex with her husband.

MY question is what about the husband who loves his wife? What paradise would keep him from the wife he loves no matter how many virgins they throw at him?