Goodbye Jesus

Son Of God

SkepticOfBible

Found this on Messiah Truth Forum

The promo reads:

He healed the sick, fed the hungry, and raised the dead. He performed miracles and his followers said he was the Son of God. Three days after his death, he rose again to proclaim salvation to the world. His name…

Apollonius of Tyana.

This program on the National Geographic Channel is one that I'm sure will receive much criticism....

Anybody got any good information on this apart from Wikipedia?

I can't tell but it seems to be part of a series of programs that aired on National Geographic awhile back. This is one I recorded but haven't watched yet (the teaser text seems really familiar though).

mwc

Guest radical4him

Amen Browa!!!!!!

Thats Jesus you got for yourself there!!!!

Healed the sick, Set the captives free & Saved the sinners! Amen!

Amen Browa!!!!!!

Or possibly Apollonius of Tyana. Or any of the dozens of other preachers and miracle-workers who lived in the same area at the same time and "who rivaled the fame and following of Jesus," according to the promotion for this documentary.

I don't think R4H have taking his medication lately...

I don't think R4H have taking his medication lately...

The faith healer in his church is on vacation this week.

Ah, he didn't get his regular hands-on-prayer from the preacher. Well, that explains why the demons are so vividly active right now.

Amen Browa!!!!!!

Will someone give R4H a bone or something? Down, R4H, Down!

Now wait a minute, you bullies!

How do you know that Radical4him isn't being sarcastic? The color of skin? The name? The profile? Have you watched the program yet? And even if you have (I don't have Cable right now), I would remind you that what you saw was A T.V. SHOW!

If there is something I missed (other posts, etc.) please let me know. Otherwise, what's the beef? Why so eager to discredit? Are you so hungry to be sarcastic yourselves?

I hope you feel humbled.

Is there a 'Burp' smiley?

The more he posts, the more fake he seems. You may have a point, duder. However I doubt you were being entirely serious.

Jesus is magic, I know it, he know he's magic.

Then he took a trip to make me pure in his name.

That was the cross, I thank him for him bleeding till he shrivelled.

So did the Apollonius but never mind, he's an anti Christ! A fake Christ with demonic powers! He lived while Jesus died.

He is of satan.

Well, here is a pretty good site with a couple of good resources.

I'm not sure about the hypothesis expounded in one of the writings, though. The writer is saying that Appolonius himself was the inspiration for the Jesus story. And that there were no christians at all until the fourth century, when everything was fabricated to make it look like christianity had been around for hundreds of years. At least I think that's what they were getting at. But this site also has the complete work of Philostratus on Appolonius, too.

Appolonius

JP,

You're correct. I wasn't being very serious at all.

Burndout,

Links to a Kirk Cameron 'Christian' website? That's it. From now on the gloves are off, and I'm serious! I hadn't seen any of r4h's posts before.

But to the original post... it's a very interesting subject, and I've just begun to look into the other 'messiahs' of New Testament times and before. Thanks for the heads up and links to the Appolonius stuff.

I thank him for him bleeding till he shrivelled.
:twitch: That. Is. Just. Plain. Disgusting. Thank you for reinforcing my desire to stay as far away from Christianity as possible.

(And could whoever's measuring out the meds for R4H please make it a double?)

Found this on Messiah Truth Forum

The promo reads:

He healed the sick, fed the hungry, and raised the dead. He performed miracles and his followers said he was the Son of God. Three days after his death, he rose again to proclaim salvation to the world. His name…

His God was Apollo, and if this took place in the timeframe of Christ; then the most obvious observation to make was that the following of Christ movement was spreading rapidly, in which the Greeks could have possibily done the exact thing that most claim the early Christians did, create their own Chirst man.

The catch22 here is what foundation is each religion, cult, belief, etc based around. Systematically, it is very similar, yet there are some key elements missing from the Greek Christ man. The structure of his position was very similar to Christ even in regards to being apart of a sect based around the reliligion basis, yet that in my opinion is the deciding factor. The basis. A few sheets of paper about some Gods.

Apollonius of Tyana.

This program on the National Geographic Channel is one that I'm sure will receive much criticism....

Can someone please edit my reply. I cant.