Goodbye Jesus

Don't Have A Story - Yet

Guest indy107

]But to learn the Nicene Creed I read in Church every Sunday was based on a bunch of old guys who all had different ideas on Christianity - and then sat down and voted on it??! Excuse me? "I" didn't get to vote. What makes them right? I thought this was all God inspired or whatever. That opened up something inside me. Doubt I guess

It seems strange that bible studies conducted by church groups never expose the faithful to the origins of the holy book. When people are exposed to the facts doubt is usually the result. Could it be if you tell the whole truth about the rock bottom basics of the Faith the clergy understand that doubt is to be expected therefore the faithful need to be protected. Sounds almost like a conspiracy. After listening to some of the most respected and celebrated clergy in my neck of the woods it probably is best that they not let the "cat out of the bag" less they be run out of town.

I've found that a personal vow of silence when it comes to "over-convening," to borrow Ouroboros' word," (just a "little dab" of convening at a time "will do ya") has served my psych very well. If what I have learned from my studies does not allow for the demonstration of new found respect for the human predicament, with flexibility, honesty, compassion and integrity what have I gained?

Demonstrate your love to your wife and family, she may suspect that your "doubt" will lead you astray, i.e to some destructive life style ( freethinking does have that reputation), simply prove her wrong by the way your reason and logic animate your life.

My best

Maybe I should have checked the date of Indy's post before bothering to reply.

Same here Magick!:49: