Goodbye Jesus

Standard List Of Phrases From True/real Christians

KT45

Over the year, I and I'm sure many of you, have tried to live up to the expectations of what a true christian is supposed to be. And I'm sure we've have all at one time either heard or actually said what a true christian is. List phrases different christians told you about what a true christian would and wouldn't do. If possible copy and paste some said by some of the loving christians on this site. These are the ones I remember being told and I'll add more later. Add your own!!!

Words From Real/True Christians :Wendywhatever:

1. If your not saved you are definelty not a true christian

2. Your not a true christian yet since you haven't been baptised yet

3. I didn't see you in church last sunday. A true christian would show up.

4. A true christian wouldn't vote for Kerry since he supports gays and abortion

5. They obviously weren't true christians because true christians would never hurt you

6. True christians have one church home.

7. True christians support their church by always paying tithes.

8. A true christians bible should be messy from all the note you've taken in it

9. I hate you, but I still love you because I'm Christian

10. A true Christian wouldn't watch horror movies (WTF! I love horror movies!).

11. A True Christian wouldn't burn his Bible for heat, even if his family was freezing to death. (I never heard anyone say that, but I think it's true.)

A TRUE Christian wouldn't doubt the "Word of God" (I am told lately). A "true" christian believes whatever he is told without ever looking into it for himself (isn't that the definition of a cult)

According to a TRUE (sarcasm intended) christian friend of mine, I am not acting like a TRUE christian because I am doubting the bible (actually its more than doubting but I am not ready to reveal it yet). This guy though does what I call 'a la carte' with the bible, which means take the stuff he likes and leave out the stuff that is downright nasty! But I was not a TRUE Christian because I studied the bible thoroughly and found problems with it (even though I went to church, got 'saved', got baptised, tithed, taught, etc etc). WHATEVER!!!! :shrug:

My mom once told me that a group of Christians that slaughtered a Native American tribe couldn't have possibly been true Christians, because nobody who knows Jesus would do something like that.

"A true Christian wouldn't do that." (Pick a that, any that)

"A true Christian honors his father and mother." This one was told to me while I was suffering severe emotional abuse at the hands of my mother.

"A true Christian waits until marriage before having sex." Not happening. I don't want to get married.

"A true Christian puts the church first." Meaning they give up all their free time and say "yes" no matter how many volunteer jobs the church heaps on their heads.

"Since you stopped believing, you were never a TrueChristian™ to begin with."

Gotta love that one.

My mom once told me that a group of Christians that slaughtered a Native American tribe couldn't have possibly been true Christians, because nobody who knows Jesus would do something like that.

Show her this!

Guest questioner4

Unless it's The Passion of Christ - in which case, you have to watch it if you're a true Christian!

(What if one consistently dislikes movies with violence in it?)

Guest sinistral

9. I hate you, but I still love you because I'm Christian

Oh yes, I used to hear this a lot : hate the sin but love the sinner.....bleh

Families that pray together stay together....gag

No jesus no love

Know jesus know love.... :Wendywhatever:

"A true Christian would not watch films like Harry Potter and The Craft because they glorify witch craft..."

"Yet, it is okay to watch Narnia and The Lord of The Rings trilogy...You can watch those in church youth group!"

A true Christian can't watch Pulp Fiction (oh well, I am not a christian. Love that movie)

"You haven't stopped believing. You just stepped off the path."

According to a TRUE (sarcasm intended) christian friend of mine, I am not acting like a TRUE christian because I am doubting the bible (actually its more than doubting but I am not ready to reveal it yet). This guy though does what I call 'a la carte' with the bible, which means take the stuff he likes and leave out the stuff that is downright nasty! But I was not a TRUE Christian because I studied the bible thoroughly and found problems with it (even though I went to church, got 'saved', got baptised, tithed, taught, etc etc). WHATEVER!!!! :shrug:

Welcome Weary Traveler, I don't think I did that earlier. So there, now it's done. :wave:

Anyway, another word for 'a la cart' that we use is 'cherry-picking'.

I've received the accusation of not have been a True Christian™ too. And after many discussions on this forum I've realized that is true. I was never a True Christian™ simply because it doesn't exist. No one is a True Christian. Everyone are living and believing lies without second guessing anything, or questioning why and how they believe things. I heard that some statistics show that people take more time to select the next car to buy, than to look into their own religion. That tells you something about how serious they are about their eternal fate.

"A true xian would die for jesus"

yeah someone actually told me that when I was going through doubts about what I'd actually do it if someone pointed a gun to my head and asked me if I believed in jesus. Talk about pressure.

"A true xian would die for jesus"

yeah someone actually told me that when I was going through doubts about what I'd actually do it if someone pointed a gun to my head and asked me if I believed in jesus. Talk about pressure.

I remember several years ago after the Columbine Tragedy one of the girls, I forget her name, was being discussed on TBN...

Long story short the pastors were praising her for standing up for Jesus right before she got shot in the head.

The Trench Coat Mafia guys asked her if she believed in god, and she said yes. Then they killed her...

Needless to say the svengalis on TBN were long strokin that.

I didn't know what to make of it.

Unless it's The Passion of Christ - in which case, you have to watch it if you're a true Christian!

(What if one consistently dislikes movies with violence in it?)

I always thought that movie should have been bundled with Dee Scneider's "Strangeland". That flick (Passion)was gorier than some of my favorite horror movies.

A true Christian believes it's a sin to kill BUT it's perfectly okay for the soldiers out in Iran to kill innocent people.

• 2 weeks later...

I just heard this one today. Not really a phrase, but more a song. I was with the female parental unit visiting one of her new church friends (i had no choice in the matter, believe me), when all of a sudden one of the lady's granddaughters comes up to us.

Cute little blonde kid with blue eyes, not more than 7 years old, and the lady asks her to sing her ABC's to us. The girl smiles shyly, then starts:

"A,B,C,D,E,F,G, Jesus died for you and me, H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P, God will punish sinful deeds, Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y and Z, God has promised you an eternal home."

Seriously, I felt hairs sticking up on the back of my neck and arms while I heard it.

I grew up in the catholic camp, but I never heard anything like that. Did anyone else here learn their ABC's that way? or are these people just out of it? (more than usual for fundies)

And while I'm here, might as well mention some of the other babble I heard there today, quote the church lady:

"Gawd doesn't give us diseases and cause car accidents, its the damn devil that does it."

"You know what I think M.D stands for? Medical not Dieties. They think they know everything."