Goodbye Jesus

Lucifer Vs. God

KT45

I was kinda inspired to ask this after the Odin vs. Jesus debate but never committed myself to do so. But it was really bothering me today so I thought that I would ask. At this moment I can't honestly remember why I thought Satan was more evil than God while I was a christian. I don't even remember that many stories about satan except for Job. I just don't understand what makes him so evil. Compared to the comic villians of today and compared to God he doesn't seem so evil.

Okay so here is my little challenge. Can any christian please show me an example or an explaination of why satan is worse than God? Anyone with opposing view points may jump in also. For the sake of the argument we can make satan=Lucifer=beelzebub=the snake in the garden of Eden. Of course we will make YHWH=Jesus=Holy spirit. The main source is the bible but other sources may come into play to help your case. Also to flesh out the characters we can try to imagine their nature and their state of mind. This should be a very easy question to answer. I'm not expecting for this debate to even show that satan is less evil than God. There aren't any trick question or fallacies to exploit. I'm not that good of a debater yet. There won't even really be a "winner" since this is subjective. It's just a very basic question that I would like to know the answer too. Hopefully it won't be a no contest. Thanks.

Also if possible I'd like to get into the origins of satan/lucifer.

Anyway...

paradise_lost84p.jpgLucifer vs Godmanmadegod.jpg

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Tell me if you see the difference between the two

Satan

1 Peter 5:8 (Whole Chapter)

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

God

Isaiah 31:4 (Whole Chapter)

For thus hath the LORD spoken unto me, Like as the lion and the young lion roaring on his prey, when a multitude of shepherds is called forth against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor abase himself for the noise of them: so shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof.

Hosea 11:10 (Whole Chapter)

They shall walk after the LORD: he shall roar like a lion: when he shall roar, then the children shall tremble from the west.

2 Kings 17:25 (Whole Chapter)

And so it was at the beginning of their dwelling there, that they feared not the LORD: therefore the LORD sent lions among them, which slew some of them.

Seems to me like both are roaring lions who cast fear on others and seek to devour them. God just seems to do it more :shrug:

who's the most evil? Neither, because they don't exist.

who's the most evil? Neither, because they don't exist.

superman and lex luthor don't exist, but I bet you know whose most evil. I think.

that was a great example taylork. doubt youll get any reponses though. if they werent able to respond to the specious love of god thread, i doubt theyll be able to handle your example.

-rhem

yeah, I'm guessing this thread will die soon. But it's okay. I still wanted to know why I felt satan was really evil. He never really did that much except lead people from god. I guess to a christian that is so much worse than God commanding his followers to kill babies and burn people for eternity in fire. Satan almost seems like the good guy in this tribal fictional tale.

Anyway why did we all feel satan was evil in the first place? I think it's because everyone draws him so ugly and monster like. Did the bible even say what he looked like.

Okay so here's my take.

God is supposedly the one who is in charge right? Okay then why the hell are people in pain, suffering, why doesn't god help out anyone? I think that god is just as evil as satan, because what kind of idiot expects people to choose a "right" religion among many? Oh if you don't find the "right" one then too bad charlie, you still go to hell. What the fuck?!

Satan is supposedly evil because he rebelled against god and he chose a different way, he was one of the causes of "the fall of man" and he supposedly is the one that leads people away from god and tempts them. Yeah to xians, god burning cities and asking for children sacrificies is excusable, to them its just an order of god and god must be obeyed.

You know if you want to check it out, there's this book that tells the devil's side of the story.

The Devil's Apocrypha by John A. De Vito

You can find it on Amazon.com

I'll have a little fun with this one... :grin:

In the Garden, the serpent had the best of intentions toward Adam and Eve. He showed them exactly what they needed to do in order to become better than what they were.

Now God, on the other hand, was pleased when his son got beaten and nailed to a cross.

Oh wait! You wanted to show how the devil is more evil than god, didn't you? Ooops! Sorry, I can't think of anything right now. :shrug:

:HaHa:

Well, you believed Satan was more evil because the church told you so.

If you read Milton's Paradise Lost you'll see Satan portrayed in an almost sympathetic light, a sort of disobedient teenager kind of thing, despite Milton's purposes in writing the book, which was one of the first books I read when I was deconverting.

That said, there's no such thing as objective good or objective evil.

You know if you want to check it out, there's this book that tells the devil's side of the story.

The Devil's Apocrypha by John A. De Vito

You can find it on Amazon.com

I was just looking at that on amazon this morning and it helped to inspire me write this. Have you read this? Opinions?

No I haven't read it but I want to. Its about time something like this was written.

• 2 months later...

Satan as a Liar

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

God as a Liar

Jeremiah 4:10 Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people

Jeremiah 20:7 O LORD, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived

Ezekiel 14:9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet,

2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: