Goodbye Jesus

30 Year Fundie Relationship

Guest Woodleigh

Heh Woodleigh,

Your friends here would love to hear from you. How are things going?

Your story resonates with us. We've been there.

Eric

I sent him a pm but haven't heard back. I'm afraid he's back on one of his fundy stints and deleted all ties with this place like he said he did that with the Infidel.org site. I know so well the vascilation, the victim intellectualization that it's all my fault, the desperation to get out but feeling trapped. And feeling unsure that perhaps God is like that bishop with life and death power over my emotional self--or a wife with a rolling pin poised to strike.

Heh Woodleigh,

Your friends here would love to hear from you. How are things going?

Your story resonates with us. We've been there.

Eric

I sent him a pm but haven't heard back. I'm afraid he's back on one of his fundy stints and deleted all ties with this place like he said he did that with the Infidel.org site. I know so well the vascilation, the victim intellectualization that it's all my fault, the desperation to get out but feeling trapped. And feeling unsure that perhaps God is like that bishop with life and death power over my emotional self--or a wife with a rolling pin poised to strike.

It's been my observation about my own behavior, as well as that of others, that we behave in certain ways, and involve ourselves in certain solcial situations, because we receive some sort of payout from it. Here's a person who is "toying" with religion, getting reinforcement for it, and even a sense of power from other people getting off on it - even though he doesn't actually believe in it. This is just another trap of this religion. It's really difficult to win free of all of the seductive power trips associated with it, isn't it?

Rob