Or a bell that never rings

Just a sad and useless thing

Where you dont know what youre after

Or if somethings after you

And you dont know why you dont know

In a world without heroes

Theres nothing to be

Its no place for me

I guess The reason why I am posting these lyrics is that I finally did some reading about a Hero I had back in My old fundie days: Mike Warnke. Now I kind of need to put it into context. Back in those days I never really felt like I fit into the christian church. I was (and still am) an Avid comic book fan, Artist and Gamer. Those three things really did not fit into what the Church taught as "Good things to be" I was always a bit odd (Noooooo Really?) but one of My few solices was Mike Warnke. He taught me that it was okay to be wierd and a christian, that the two were not mutually exclusive.

I had later heard that "Something" happened to Mike warnke but never really heard the full story. when I deconverted and began to study Paganism, I ran into Kerr CuCulhain's article on witchvox about him...and learned that alot of what Warnke said was complete and Utter Bullshit. fast forward to me being in a debate room when I mentioned warnke to this gentleman who claims that He knew warnke. So I decided to do some research where I found the article about Warnke's fall from grace and Other stuff Like His marriages and what not.

As I looked through the article, I was even More stunned than I thought I would be. This guy was seriously High on the people I admired list...and to see the lies, the Hypocrasy, and the outright and all consuming way Warnke pretended to besomething He wasnt really Pissed me off and Saddened Me at the same time.

I guess what really hurt, was that I wanted to believe him, and desperately needed to be accepted based on what Warnke said.

I guess Knowing what I know now, It was really wishful thinking on my part. that Being Myself and being Happy with myself is more important than being liked by folks who cannot embrace the truth of their own failings and stupidity.

People are so depserate for acceptance and for leaders, they often neglect to really see what is inside of them, and learn to love it.