Goodbye Jesus

A Tragic Situation, Made Worse

Evelyn

Minister drowns

Petaluma minister mourned

Family, bishop, friends honor man who drowned in Salmon Creek Beach lagoon

By MARTIN ESPINOZA

THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

PETALUMA -- The sounds of prayer filled the living room of Alfonso Mendez, as friends and family gathered Monday and mourned the loss of the 48-year-old Petaluma minister who drowned over the weekend in a lagoon at Salmon Creek Beach.

Adam Lopez, bishop of the Apostolic Assembly's North Pacific Coast District, laid his hand on Mendez's wife, Apolonia Basilio-Mendez, and offered reassuring words:

"We're going to ask that we accept God's will, and that everything that he does is perfect," said Lopez.

Yes, such "reassuring words"...

If someone had the nerve to say that one of my loved ones' deaths was "God's perfect will", I'd punch them square in the fucking mouth, and announce that that was "God's perfect will", then, too.

Don't forget to walk away about two steps, then turn around, say "Oh, God just told me there's one more thing he wants!", grab the baseball bat... :fdevil:

Don't forget to walk away about two steps, then turn around, say "Oh, God just told me there's one more thing he wants!", grab the baseball bat... :fdevil:

You know, that kinda makes me wonder...

When someone's murdered, and Christians use the "God's will" excuse, does that mean we shouldn't punish the murderer? Because, really, he was just fulfilling God's Perfect Will, right? And that can't be wrong, otherwise that would mean that God was wrong...

Christians kill me with that...

So, if someone falls into a jumbo sized meat grinder and gets cut into ribbons is that God's perfect will too?

If so then Gawd is a goddamn sadist!

You know, that kinda makes me wonder...

When someone's murdered, and Christians use the "God's will" excuse, does that mean we shouldn't punish the murderer? Because, really, he was just fulfilling God's Perfect Will, right? And that can't be wrong, otherwise that would mean that God was wrong...

That thought has crossed my mind before as well.

I hope she takes this as a sign, and deconverts to something less asinine.

I hate that saying. They just say it to convince themselves.

I hate when Christians say "It's God's will." Who are they to claim to know what's "God's will?" To me, it's just like when fundies blame tragic situations on people, (i.e. Hurricane Katrina). It angers me when Jim Falwell type people blame tragic incidents on the people.

Ands it's God's will that the children's cancer ward in the hospital where I work will always have customers. God gives children cancer to teach us something. I love the "he is trying to teach us something" line of bullshit.

Minister drowns

P

Adam Lopez, bishop of the Apostolic Assembly's North Pacific Coast District, laid his hand on Mendez's wife, Apolonia Basilio-Mendez, and offered reassuring words:

"We're going to ask that we accept God's will, and that everything that he does is perfect," said Lopez.

Yes, such "reassuring words"...

You know, I've seen *many* threads on ex-C about topics such as this. And every time I hear the "It's God's will that so-and-so died" argument, it makes me wanna vomit.

Such a disgusting system (*shakes head*).