Goodbye Jesus

Astral Projection

OnceConvinced

As a teen I was introduced to this phenomena. At least from what I have been told it was Astral Projection. I'm really keen to get a scientific view point on it, because this is something that definitely happened to me.

A friend of mine believed he had some psychic abilities. And he got myself and one other guy to sit there and we all closed our eyes. He then pictured things in his mind. I was able to see these images in my own mind. Now he never told me what I was looking at. I told him what I was seeing, which he claimed were exactly the images he was projecting. The thing that really convinced me it was not me conjuring up those pictures was that the other guy there was also describing exactly the same things. He was seeing the same things as I was. It was dumbfounding.

How is this possible?

I'm confused. First u tell him what you saw and then he says "yes that's what I projected into your mind"? Do this instead, when ya'll are sitting down and he projects and image into your mind at that moment write down what you were thinking. Don't tell him what u were thinking or what you wrote! Let him write down what he projected into your mind on a seprate sheet of paper. Open the papers at the same time and see if you have the same answers.

Oh and I though astral projection was when your spirit leaves your body and goes somewhere. Your whole post confused me.

I just called it Astral projection because that's what I was told it was. Perhaps it's something else.

There were three of us there. One was doing the projecting. I was seeing what this person was projecting. The third person there was also seeing the same things. the third person was telling me what he had seen, which was exactly what I had seen. (So I wasn't just taking the projector's word for it)

Can you tell me more? What image did you both see? Also how many times was this preformed? Can you go over how the conversation went?

Example:

Person 1: I will project an image in your mind

minutes pass

Person 1: I am done tell me what u saw

Person 2: I saw a mountain

Person 3: I saw a mountian too!!! Wow

Was it like this?

Can you tell me more? What image did you both see? Also how many times was this preformed? Can you go over how the conversation went?

Example:

Person 1: I will project an image in your mind

minutes pass

Person 1: I am done tell me what u saw

Person 2: I saw a mountain

Person 3: I saw a mountian too!!! Wow

Was it like this?

Person 3 being me, then yes.

This guy (Dave) was a sci fi nut. He was projecting us a picture of a tree. And he had a lazor gun. He said "this is his gun".

And I saw a beam of light come out and hit the tree.

I told him that's what I saw. He said yes.

Then he said, this is John's gun (the other guy there)

This beam was balls of fire. John said "it was a gun with balls of fire coming out of it". (Exactly what I was seeing)

Then my gun.

It had sparks of electricity. I said.

Later Dave projected an image of some kind of building. I was trying to desribe the building I was seeing. I ummed and ahhed not really sure how to describe the shape of it. At that point John said, "It's the shape of an isocolies triangle." And that was the perfect description for it.

This happened 23 years ago. Those were the bits I do remember quite clearly. John described many things that he saw that I was also seeing them in my mind. This was not a matter of suggestion and me seeing it because John said that's what he was seeing. He was describing things I was already seeing. There was no doubts in my mind at the time that Dave had some kind of ability to project pictures into other people's minds. Otherwise this other guy John, would have described totally different things.

There was no repetition. It was different things each time. John was getting frustrated because I was being so sceptical about it. I really wanted proof that it wasn't just me imagining this stuff. And they proved it wasn't. Because the things I were seeing just happened. There were no preconcieved idea in my mind. It was like watching a movie, all though the images were not very clear. But all the same, each imagine being describe by John was exactly as I was seeing. There were no times where anyone contradicted anyone else. Everything was in unison. The idea was I was supposed to just relax and be taken on a journey, but I couldn't accept what I was seeing.

A few years later I actually moved into a place with my friend Dave. We never did that again, because I always thought it was not of God. That there may have even been something evil about it. Which as a Christian you are always taught.

But Dave was a very charismatic sort of person. I'm not the sort of person that just follows someone and does everything they do, but what ever he had a passion for, I developed a passion for. Looking back I always thought that was really strange.

Just to let you know it was very difficult to read your post. I read it twice and I understood it. I suggest instead of writing "Dave showed me a picture" say "Dave projected a picture of blank". Interesting post though. So he got none of them wrong? Also did ya'll have a previous conversation about any of the following things you described. Like the laser, tree, building etc. If so then it would be easier for anyone to predict what you see in your mind if you had previously had a conversation about it.

Sorry. I kept going back and editing it hoping to make it clearer, but I guess I didn't do a very good job. lol.

No conversations were held before hand. I didn't know what to expect. The most he would say is, "OK, I'm projecting something now, can you see it?"

At times it was very hard to see, but no prompting was done to tell me what it was. I would say, Ok, I see a tree and a guy with a gun. Dave without hesitation said, "OK, I'm gonna fire the gun at the tree". There was never any hesitation from him. He knew what he was doing and what was to happen next. There was never a pause while he decided what to say or do next.

But as for John possibly predicting what I was seeing, it just wasn't possible. The lazor gun shots for instance were very unique. And when he said, "the building was a shape of an isoscilies (sp) triangle" for me it was like wow he's right! (There was no way he could have anticipated that.)

Honestly John was right every time. And I'd known Dave for a few years and he's not the sort of person to try and decieve someone. If one of us had got it wrong he would have said so and probably got annoyed that we weren't concentrating properly. lol

This one weekend where I experimented with this, has always had me bewildered. I'd sure like to get some idea of how it was possible other than "It was the devil!"

Guest Mr. XC

This should be an interesting topic to watch. Taylork45 knows of one of my theories that could explain this (competently nonscientific, of course) from my post on another topic. Basically, I stated that, in theory, were are all the product of the same mind, so sharing each other's thoughts are not all that strange.

Now that I think about this, I have done this too years ago. Except it was not really for this purpose. We were supposed to be visualizing something on our own, but I was in a group of 4. After the visualization, we privately wrote down what we visualized. I think 3 people (including myself) wrote down that they saw a deer at the exact same time in the 5 minute long visualization process. At that part of the visualization, there was no specific cue for visualizing a deer. It was simply a guide, which was most likely a person. We did not share what we had written until we were all done writing. I imagine that the odds of that are small. Again, the propose never include visualizing components of others in our group. It was supposed to be personal.

If thoughts are tangible, then we may be able to receive them. That could be another idea.

It would be like sending out a radio signal.

Yeah, that's the only logical thing I could think of. Perhaps some people's signals are stronger than others?

I was thinking that it could be like this. I sure many have done this. When you feel someone looking at you and then you turn around to see if they are looking at you. When you turn to them you see that they are in fact looking at you!!! Problem is that sometimes I feel someone looking at me, I turn around and they aren't. Maybe it's just probablity?

I was always told that astral projection was the act of leaving one's physical body, and traveling in space (not outer space, unless that's where you want to go), for periods of time. I've read that that technique could be used to posess others, but that doesn't sound like what you're describing.

Right now, I'm projecting an image of bullshit into your head.

Can you see it?

Guest Mr. XC

Can you see it?

No, but I do see an image of a mouse sipping wine while sitting on some cheese. Does that count? :HaHa:

Can you see it?

No, maybe you're not projecting hard enough. :HaHa:

I was always told that astral projection was the act of leaving one's physical body, and traveling in space (not outer space, unless that's where you want to go), for periods of time. I've read that that technique could be used to posess others, but that doesn't sound like what you're describing.

Yeah, I believe you're right. In which case what I experienced wasn't Astral projection

If thoughts are tangible, then we may be able to receive them. That could be another idea.

Could also explain why some twins are able to anticipate what each other is saying and able to know when the other is in pain.

Guest Mr. XC

Could also explain why some twins are able to anticipate what each other is saying and able to know when the other is in pain.

If it were a radio signal, would it have a range of operation? In the example of the twins, are they able to detect when the other is in pain when there is great distance between them?

Guest Mr. XC

A friend of mine believed he had some psychic abilities. And he got myself and one other guy to sit there and we all closed our eyes. He then pictured things in his mind. I was able to see these images in my own mind. Now he never told me what I was looking at. I told him what I was seeing, which he claimed were exactly the images he was projecting. The thing that really convinced me it was not me conjuring up those pictures was that the other guy there was also describing exactly the same things. He was seeing the same things as I was. It was dumbfounding.

How is this possible?

See how well your friend does at the following site. There are different types of intuition that this game tests.

Go here and go into the Garden:

http://www.psiarcade.com/

or here is a more direct link (note that they may be doing maintenance), so it may not work as it should.

http://www.psiarcade.com/garden/