Goodbye Jesus

Sight Still Blurred By Prophecy?

chad

Just wondering.....does anyone who has been deconverted for at least a couple years or more still perceive the unfolding of biblical prophecy within current events....do you still see the possible materialization of revelation while watching the national news? I'm not asking whether you do so voluntarily, but whether you do so involuntarily; as if it is a natural reflex that you can't seem to shake.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Yes, it is very much a reflex reaction for me. When I see all of the tension unfolding in Israel I sometimes think, "Oh my god, what if it is true?"

When those times come I sit and think, "The babble was written thousands of years ago in the Middle East, by Judaic prophets. This has been a centuries long feud...There is nothing new."

This isn't the unfolding of a prophecy. It is business as usual in the Middle East. Unfortunately, the christian nuts(who I am surrounded by)don't see it that way. They expect the rapture to occur at any waking moment. All of them long for death so they can be with Jesus and blah phooey...I am starting to care less and less everyday. I've been deconverted approximately 5 months now.

Actually I think that some "prophecies" are coming to fulfillment, not because of a deity making it, or because of supernatural "seeing" the future. I think subconsciously these "prophecy" memes are influencing peoples behaviors and forces the issue. Culture and subliminal programming is making it happening. The only way to break the spell is to break the religious bondage. It's the same method advertisers use to make you buy McDonald burgers instead of Burger King. Plant images in your mind, and you tend to act towards it. Religious images are even stronger implanted.

Actually I think that some "prophecies" are coming to fulfillment, not because of a deity making it, or because of supernatural "seeing" the future.

I have to agree. Self-fulfilling. "I know I'm going to flunk this test."

Does anyone know if the evidence of the Book of Revelation having been largely written by "The Sibyl" five centuries before the time of christ has been debunked?