Goodbye Jesus

"recovering Catholic"

Soule

i'm a 20 year old white male who was adopted at birth by a catholic family and was raised as such. though church never really seemd all that special to me... i never really fit into it.

all my life i was put through catholic private schools cus my parents are rich bastarads. so i know quite a bit about christianity and the bible. but knowing and believing are two different things.

ive always been different. a bit too bright and a bit to understanding for what my age was. and as i get older i grew towards philosophy. though thats jumping ahead quite a bit.

about two years ago i came out as a homo to my catholic parents. trust me, not the smartest plan of action. and they did not take it well. though of course ive always felt that they were forcing their religion on me and restricting me with it. i never really agreed with the faith. it just seemed so... illogical... so restricting. not enough room for free thinking. it was too "this is the way it is and if you disagree than your a blasphemer".

at around the age of 16 i started experimenting in different religions. specifically wicca. that diddnt really work either. so i became agnostic for a while. and for about 3 years it stayed that way.

at the age of 19 i found shamanism and from there my spiritual / philosophical journey began. i started to study different religions and belief systems and taoism took a hold on me. i picked up a copy of the tao te ching and i said to myself "holy crap i'm a taoist". but of course taoism isnt a religion, but more of a philosophy. and i guess now i'm more of a finding your own path kinda guy. and thats been my journey ever since.

i have had a few spiritual experiances every now and again. ever loose your sense of self? its better than sex. dreams that have come true... and i seem to have some tallent for using energy. and a few other things that are just plain wierd.

well thats pretty much my story. i tend to believe that all paths are valid... though i do thouroughly enjoy some theological and philosophical debate every now and again.

see ya on the forums.

Welcome to the forums, Soule.

Sure you are 20 years old? You sound as if you are beyond your years: mature and intelligent. I don't doubt that you will have a long and fruitful life.

So what were you in your previous life? a buddhist monk?

Welcome to the forums, Soule.

Sure you are 20 years old? You sound as if you are beyond your years: mature and intelligent. I don't doubt that you will have a long and fruitful life.

So what were you in your previous life? a buddhist monk?

yes that is exactally what i was.

any more questions that make you look like an idiot?

hiya burnedout. long time no see.

From one Ex-Catholic to another--

Firstly, the imprint of a Catholic education is still on you-- how many 20-year-old Americans can write like that without using a lot of "lingo" or typos and grammatical errors? (Yeah, Catholic middle and high school and Catholic college here, we're alike in that one)

Seriously, though. I do understand. While I was a natural daughter, and while I was lockstep with Il Papa for the first 20 years of my life, the sense of things not fitting after that is strong. I am also another on the board who have undertaken Journey-work and who have reached beyond the Tunnel to find many very spiritual experiences. Now tha tI am a mother, I do not have the time to Journey anymore and I do miss that aspect of things.

Please feel welcome here. I can't remember the comedian's name who once said "I once was Catholic, but I'm doing much better now".. it seems to fit for the moment.

From one Ex-Catholic to another--

Firstly, the imprint of a Catholic education is still on you-- how many 20-year-old Americans can write like that without using a lot of "lingo" or typos and grammatical errors? (Yeah, Catholic middle and high school and Catholic college here, we're alike in that one)

Seriously, though. I do understand. While I was a natural daughter, and while I was lockstep with Il Papa for the first 20 years of my life, the sense of things not fitting after that is strong. I am also another on the board who have undertaken Journey-work and who have reached beyond the Tunnel to find many very spiritual experiences. Now tha tI am a mother, I do not have the time to Journey anymore and I do miss that aspect of things.

Please feel welcome here. I can't remember the comedian's name who once said "I once was Catholic, but I'm doing much better now".. it seems to fit for the moment.

thank you for the welcome!

i think the writing has more to do with the thousands of books i have read. lol but yeah i'm definately a recovering catholic. i look foreward to getting to know you guys better.