Goodbye Jesus

News From The Weather Frontier

Thurisaz

It's the middle of August, the hottest time of year... and I can see my breath when going outside! :vent:

Mindblowing 7 °C this morning! Can you believe that... :crazy:

(To be fair, it got sufficiently warm during the day - it's now 2:30pm - to still call it Summer, but anyway...

Now, how long til the radio will start playing jingle bells?! :Hmm:

You suck, Thur.. :HaHa:

We're at 25* C and expect 37-38*C by afternoon, with a current 27* heat index...and 89% humidity!

AC is running full blast, I hate to sweat...

It's cooler here too-- at 9AM we still have the morning cloud cover. Mike just joked that Hell was not venting a layer of heat today (probably need to add that he doesn't believe in Hell, it's just a convienent object for a joke). I think we have an onshore (from the Pacific) flow-- so we're not getting the usual heat blast from the Mojave Desert. This is a lovely change of pace from mid-July when I saw temps as high as 113 degrees Farenheit. Not sure what the Celsius equivalent is but it's too darn hot!

Keeps bouncing from 70 to 80 degrees out here, which is just fine with me! Our house is a money pit to try to keep at an even temp. Boil all summer, freeze all winter.

At 70F it's pretty comfortable here compared to the past month of hell we had on the east coast.

Been hovering just below 40 C since mid may here in Shanghai. Humid as fuck too.

It's the middle of August, the hottest time of year... and I can see my breath when going outside! :vent:

Mindblowing 7 °C this morning! Can you believe that... :crazy:

(To be fair, it got sufficiently warm during the day - it's now 2:30pm - to still call it Summer, but anyway...

Now, how long til the radio will start playing jingle bells?! :Hmm:

That's wierd. We've been in the mid to high 20s all summer and we are quite a bit further north. Last summer it was cold and rainy, but this summer it's been perfect.

It has been unseasonably cool here (Ohio) this time of year, also.