Goodbye Jesus

Show Links Darwin, Hitler Ideologies

Reverend AtheiStar

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51603

"To put it simply, no Darwin, no Hitler," said Kennedy, who is host for the special. "Hitler tried to speed up evolution, to help it along, and millions suffered and died in unspeakable ways because of it."

EVOLUTION WATCH

Show links Darwin, Hitler ideologies

Holocaust was fallout of evolution theory, says new production

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: August 19, 2006

1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Charles Darwin should share with Hitler the blame for the 11 million or more lives lost in the Holocaust, a new television special explains. And, the program says, the more than 45 million American lives lost to abortion also can be blamed on that famous founder of evolutionary theory.

The results of Darwin’s theories

"This show basically is about the social effects of Darwinism, and shows this idea, which is scientifically bankrupt, has probably been responsible for more bloodshed than anything else in the history of humanity," Jerry Newcomb, one of two co-producers, told WorldNetDaily.

Author and Christian broadcaster D. James Kennedy said the new "Darwin’s Deadly Legacy," is a ground-breaking inquiry into Darwin’s "chilling" social impact, and it will air nationwide on Aug. 26-27 on "The Coral Ridge Hour."

Co-producer Jerry Newcomb said before the advent of Darwinian beliefs, the basic concept was that man was made in the image of God, and was therefore valuable. But Darwin changed all that.

"Karl Marx wouldn’t embrace all (Darwin’s) tenets, but said, 'This is a scientific theory on which we can base our theory of man,'" Newcomb told WND.

Ann Coulter, bestselling author of "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," and a WND columnist, said Hitler simply was taking Darwinism from the theoretical to the practical.

"He thought the Aryans were the fittest and he was just hurrying natural selection along," she said.

"We talk about the link between Darwin and Hitler, and in the middle ground, eugenics," said Newcomb. "Darwin led to eugenics, which led directly to Hitler."

"I was just shocked about a week ago, (when a news report) talked about a designer clinic, where you could design your own baby. They said everybody seems to want perfect Aryans. Where have we heard that?" said Newcomb, who worked with John Rabe on the project based on the book "Darwin’s Deadly Legacy," by Richard Weikart.

"I never knew about the link between Darwin and Hitler until after reading Richard Weikart’s book," said Coulter.

Coulter is among the experts who appear in the special. Others are Weikart, Lee Strobel, author of "The Case for a Creator," Jonathan Wells, author of "Icons of Evolution," and Human Genome Project Director Francis Collins.

"To put it simply, no Darwin, no Hitler," said Kennedy, who is host for the special. "Hitler tried to speed up evolution, to help it along, and millions suffered and died in unspeakable ways because of it."

The program also addresses eugenics, a term coined by Darwin’s own cousin, Francis Galton, who campaigned for using human genetics as a means to breed superior beings.

In the United States, nearly three dozen states at one point mandated sterilization programs to prevent the "feeble-minded" and other "defectives" from reproducing.

A direct result of that concept is today’s Planned Parenthood, the production shows. Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger believed in removing what she called the "dead weight of human waste," the program says.

"Eugenics is applied Darwinism," said Coulter.

The culmination of that belief system appears to have been the Columbine massacre. There, students Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris killed 12 other students, a teacher, and themselves, after setting out on a plan to kill 500.

"Harris wrote on his website, 'YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE??? Natural SELECTION! It’s the best thing that ever happened to the Earth. Getting rid of all the stupid and weak organisms,'" the report says.

Reports show that on the day of the attack Harris wore a T-shirt with the words, "Natural Selection."

Kennedy said all this happened because of a set of theories with "a crumbling scientific foundation."

Coral Ridge Ministries said it also has published a companion book to the television special, called "Evolution’s Fatal Fruit: How Darwin’s Tree of Life Brought Death to Millions."

It was written by Tom DeRosa, executive director of the Creation Studies Institute, and examines the social consequences of Darwin’s theory.

There was a point when a U.S. Supreme Court ruling in 1927 authorized the sterilization of a "feeble minded" woman from Virginia. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes concluded, in that decision, that "three generations of imbeciles are enough."

Using the same belief structure, Hitler at one point ordered the destruction of 100,000 Germans because they were considered "useless eaters."

Coral Ridge Ministries is a Christian broadcasting organization with radio and television programming that reaches 200 nations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related special offers:

Get Ann’s latest and hottest book, "Godless: The Church of Liberalism"

Great titles from WND Book Service on evolution-creation debate

Related stories:

2 billion years added to age of universe

'Outrageous misinformation' on Kansas standards

Bible literalism 'pagan superstition'?

Designers' attorney: Class not intelligent

Limbaugh got it wrong, says intelligent designer

Intelligent-design backers downplay Dover

Intelligent-design backers blast judge

Salman Rushdie blasts intelligent design

Intelligent-design backers applaud Bush

Opposition to intelligent design drummed up

Smithsonian backs off intelligent design film

Smithsonian in uproar over intelligent-design article

Teachers refuse intelligent-design policy

ACLU backs off on intelligent design

PBS station cancels intelligent-design film

Related commentary:

What are Darwinists so afraid of?

Seeing God in science

Yes the Nazis cited social Darwinism as their justification for creating the Arian race. Had Darwin's theory not arrived until the late 20th century, the Nazis would have found alternative justification. Any direct link between the two is obviously spurious. Anyone who can't see that has trouble with the most basic common logic.

Oh wait, that's most people. :twitch:

Hitler tried to use Artificial Selection instead of letting the Natural Selection have its way. So Hitler wasn't a True Darwinist™. :)

Hitler tried to use Artificial Selection instead of letting the Natural Selection have its way. So Hitler wasn't a True Darwinist™. :)

I think he was more focused on survival of the fitest. He argued that the fitest were killing off the weaklings.

I think he was more focused on survival of the fitest. He argued that the fitest were killing off the weaklings.

Which I consider enforced or artificial rather than natural. Intentionally killing of "weaklings" using technology and science isn't really how nature would do it. In my opinion it is a twisted view of Survival of the Fittest, since the selection wasn't made by who could survive the death chambers, but who could survive the selection based on ideology. Having an opinion or belief should be the reason for being "fit", but what nature selects by natural events. War for instance isn't considered natural selection, even though it works the same way as Hitler's selection of who to live or die, and using technology to execute his decision.

When Constantine killed of opposition it was just as much "natural" selection as the holocaust.

WTF is this? Guilty by association? Darwin led to eugenics...Hitler had eugenics programs...so what? Has anyone ever thought that having "better" humans is just one more thing humans are trying? Im not condoning Hitlers actions and I do believe that we should help those with disabilities and other disorders but I also believe that creating or having better humans is something that is ingrained in us, just think of Hercules. A semi god man, nearly nothing could kill him, and that was in ancient Greece. Unfortunately more recent manifestations of this same concept have been horrid attrocities.

I wonder if they'll mention Martin Luther's contribution to the Holocaust. He gave the loaded gun to Hitler, after all...

Ah, the goo' ol' hitler/darwin bullshit.

Commonly, my position on this is that it's damn hard to determine what the moustached madman did or did not believe in, but then, who cares as long as the ones following his commands to kill were mostly christians...

...but even if you disregard this and focus on the idiot himself, well... here's something I overlooked for far too long a time, even though I love this website since quite some time. It's an interesting theory on how to reconcile hitler's pro- and anti-evolution quotes... and I have to admit it sounds reasonable.

Hitler's religion (on www.creationtheory.org)

Kudos to Mr Michael Wong, as always ;)

And yes, you lurking fundies out there: This says that hitler was a cretinist, and it has some interesting reasoning to back up that claim! :pureevil:

So Hitler and other Nazis were inspired by Darwinistic ideas? Big deal. They'd have just used something else to justify anything they did, as said.

It's just an example of how critics of Darwin and evolution are so desparate to demonize evolution that they must link it to every bad thing that has ever happened.

If anyone is interesting in learning the different Darwinistic views in East and West during WWII, you should read the book The Undergrowth of Science. US was a strong proponenet of Darwin's view on Evolution at that time too. Just as much as Germany and Soviet. Only Germany and Soviet twisted the idea of Evolution to fit their political agenda.

Isn't this just ad hominem reasoning?

Shouldn't the clever people of America be able to pick up on this sort of thing?

Shouldn't the clever people of America be able to pick up on this sort of thing?

Yes, but unfortunately it seems like the clever people are in minority.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51603

EVOLUTION WATCH

Show links Darwin, Hitler ideologies

Holocaust was fallout of evolution theory, says new production

Posted: August 19, 2006

1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Coulter is among the experts who appear in the special. Others are Weikart, Lee Strobel, author of "The Case for a Creator," Jonathan Wells, author of "Icons of Evolution," and Human Genome Project Director Francis Collins.

What on earth is Ann Coulter an expert on other than being a self-righteous jackass bigot?

Coral Ridge....hmmmm, explains a lot.

I went to the bookstore yesterday and read Ann Coulter's book "Godless". (like I'd spend money on it) Well, I read as much as I could take.

She makes lots statements without backing anything up, expecting the reader to just take her word for it and she twists things around to fit her bias. She has not even the most basic understanding of sociology or science. All the world's problems seem to have simple fixes which happen to be extreme right wing ideals. Everything is black and white. Yet, she considers herself an intellectual.

Basically, anyone who doesn't agree with her warped ideas is a liberal. The only people who could digest her bullshit are used to regurgitating the cud of what their mind's are fed without any bullshit filter system.

As far as the article, they come from the premise that evolution is a religion. Evolution is not moral. It is not amoral. We can use this argument against Christianity because it's claims to be the root of all morality.

However, evolution is science which seems to be a concept they have difficulty grasping. It has nothing to do with human concepts. It's like arguing against death. It doesn't matter how you feel about it, if you believe it, subscribe to the concepts, it happens.

As far as the article, they come from the premise that evolution is a religion. Evolution is not moral. It is not amoral. We can use this argument against Christianity because it's claims to be the root of all morality.

However, evolution is science which seems to be a concept they have difficulty grasping. It has nothing to do with human concepts. It's like arguing against death. It doesn't matter how you feel about it, if you believe it, subscribe to the concepts, it happens.

That was my thought Taphophilia Why do the fundies view evolution as an enemy and a direct competitor/threat to their religion? If they worked harder at trying to co-exist with science rather than fighting it tooth and nail they would earn more respect

It's from WorldNutDaily.

That tells me everything I need to know.

LOL! I like that. Yeah, this is the kind of shite they pump out. A regular factory they are! lol...

This is just sickening.

Indeed, and yet it is the mainstay of the fundamentalist. They really believe that Hiter was an Atheist and that the Holocause was not just another Crusade for Christ. Quite a good con job, if you ask me, as the evidence for him being devoutly Christian is overwhelming! It just goes to show what a lot of money, a few books and a lot of press spreading lies can do!

Evangelicals only do themselves a disservice when they print this sort of thing. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to listen to anything they have to say.

Another side to the whole story is that even if it could be argued that Evolution was linked to Hitler's genocide atrocities, the same link could be established between Physics and the atom bombs that were dropped over Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Newton, Maxwell, Einstein, Bohr et.al. are all at blame for all the hundreds of thousands of people killed. And lets not forget that whoever invented gunpowder, steel and airplanes are at fault for all the millions of soldiers killed during WWI and WWII. I mean, it isn't just Evolution that can be blamed for all the stupid war and stupid things that are done. Evolution in itself doesn't have a "moral code" or undoing of a "moral code" either, it's just a neutral fact, nothing else. I'm sure we can blame geometry, mechanics and math for all the deaths in all wars the last thousand years. Because something is true, and someone use it in an evil way, it doesn't make the scientific truth less true. The Moon doesn't stop revolving around Earth because someone thought that a full moon meant a sign from the gods to kill their neighboring tribe.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

If Darwin is responsible for the holocaust then Jesus was responsible for the crusades. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Shiva, exactly!

If the Christians during the crusades have a mitigating circumstance ("Not True Christians") to excuse them from the guilt of breaking the tenets of their religion, then why the heck can't the same exculpatory reasons be used for any non-Christian?

Yes the Nazis cited social Darwinism as their justification for creating the Arian race. Had Darwin's theory not arrived until the late 20th century, the Nazis would have found alternative justification. Any direct link between the two is obviously spurious. Anyone who can't see that has trouble with the most basic common logic.

Oh wait, that's most people. :twitch:

Hitler's main motivational literature was not written by Darwin, though he did enjoy his work, it was, rather, from man by the name of Martin Luther. In On the Jews and their Lies is quite obviously where Hitler found his inspiration:

http://www.reverendatheistar.com/martin_luther.htm

No, he was more into breeding humans like they were dogs -- which was done far before anyone has any true inkling of evolution.

Survival of the fittest was not even coined by Darwin, it was his competitor, Alfred Russel Wallace. So, I suppose he should be blamed, instead? lol...

WTF is this? Guilty by association? Darwin led to eugenics...Hitler had eugenics programs...so what? Has anyone ever thought that having "better" humans is just one more thing humans are trying? Im not condoning Hitlers actions and I do believe that we should help those with disabilities and other disorders but I also believe that creating or having better humans is something that is ingrained in us, just think of Hercules. A semi god man, nearly nothing could kill him, and that was in ancient Greece. Unfortunately more recent manifestations of this same concept have been horrid attrocities.

Think of all the pain and suffering that cursed gravity has led to. No Newton, no gravity! Without gravity, bombs couldn't be dropped! Damn him, damn him to Hell!

And think of all the warships and the submarines used in the wars. Archimedes deserved to DIE by the hand of the Roman soldier for his ideas of bouyance of bodies in water. And not to mention all the triangulations that are done in the GPS over the satelites today to guide the soldiers in Iraq, because his evil theories about triangles and circles. Damn him to Hades!!!