Goodbye Jesus

Apologia Podcast

Zach

I've started a new podcast called "Apologia" which has as its goal finding areas of agreement between theists and nontheists. The first episode, which looks at the concept of faith, is available on iTunes and Feedburner.

As a faithful listener to both your show and Robert Lippens' Big Bang and Creationism podcast, I will most definitely subscribe to this one too. Thanks Zach for a good Evo101 show. And it's also wonderful that you have each shows transcript on your site too.

Added it to my list.

Hey Zach, are you going to have Paul Manata on? I just listened to a debate between him and Dan Barker the other day, and I don't think I could find anything in common with that pugnacious oaf.

But it would be rather interesting, I admit, to find agreement or common ground with that guy. All I could see from him is a game of gotcha tho as his repertoire -to date, more then adequately demonstrates.

I plan on listening to your first broadcast. Your list of guests on the 1st show seem like a rather interesing/diverse bunch.

Manata... uugh... at least the Barker v Manata debate gave me a good insight into hardcore Presuppositionalism.

Hey Zach, are you going to have Paul Manata on?

The purpose of the discussion is to actively seek out areas of agreement between theists and nontheists. I doubt many presuppositionalists would be well-suited for such a task.

I hear you Zach. Congrats on your new project. I hope to get a listen to it either this week or on the plane.

• 1 month later...

Zach, I just listened to the last podcast. The best so far as not only the debaters (I know it was a discussion) were excellent, but the sound quality was much better, despite poor Laz's congestion.

I also found it remarkable that you managed to get Kyle to admit that he didn't know how to answer what was the difference between him positing god as the source of logic, as opposed to Laz's answer. (I hope I got that right. Need to re-listen to it again.) But, I shouldn't be surpised, you did get Gene Cook to admit that his reasoning was circular in your discussions with him.

It's pretty challenging stuff and I am quite amazed at Laz's breadth of knowledge and the way he explains things, even tho it's rather esoteric. I give credit for Kyle for trying, but I have to tell you that when he starts stating his articles of faith – his dogma, as his reasons why his worldview is irrefutable, I can't help to roll my eyes.

Anyway, I am glad you found a presup that isn't overly pugnacious or as vile as some, even though I do find them (and Kyle to some degree) rather arrogant.