Goodbye Jesus

Life A Little More Depressing

AStandAloneComplex

Since deconverting and whatnot my outlook of the world has changed, as it should. And this definately has been a good thing. However, my opinion of people and society has gone down. I never liked people and society much anyway and realizing how delusional people can be when it comes to religion it just makes me dislike society that much more. The Abrahamic religions seem to cause so much distress in the world, so much fear and so much misunderstanding and people just ignore it because they're comfortable in it. People say they want a better life, world peace stop hunger and violence etc. etc. But people aren't willing to do what it takes. I don't think people even realize what it takes to accomplish something like that. Mostly because people don't think in general. They want to stay in their comfort zone where they don't have to do anything except complain about everything else, everyone else instead of looking at themselves, thinking for themselves and actually looking at what's really going on in the world around them.

I just don't know how to feel about the people around me anymore. Esp. my mom. It makes me sad to think that she follows a religion that disparages so many people. She's a really kind person, so I wonder does she have any internal conflict when it comes to following Xtianity and caring about other people. I hope so, if not....... that's really depressing.

I hope that made some sense. I don't know, I just need to get stuff off my chest. *sigh*

It just angers me that people let imaginary things people tell them to believe in get in the way of real life and having it cause so much harm to everything.

I hear you. It's like being stuck around a bunch of RPG players who have ALL decided to take the game WAY too seriously.

I hear you. It's like being stuck around a bunch of RPG players who have ALL decided to take the game WAY too seriously.

lol

Oh, you mean Rule-One violators (It's Only A Game).

The problem you are seeing isn't intrinsic to the religion itself, people are assholes. Religion just gives them an excuse and a few more reasons to be self-righteous about it. It is still people that choose to act that way towards others.

That is so friggin' true!

AStandAloneComplex, you have hit it right on the nail. There are tons of assholes and nutcases in this world that I've met and most of them have been of the religious. Persuasive attitudes with manipulative intent running on the fuel of bigotry is one of the key traits that I strongly hate (check religion). These are the same types of people that just can't piss off and have to always stick on like parasites.