Goodbye Jesus

The Collapse Of Atheism

nick5

It's a pretty frustrating video to watch, because you always wish you could argue with the narrator.

So many false ideas are promoted such as:

-Evidence discovered in the 20th century indicate the existence of a creator

-Darwin claims life "happened by chance" (I hate this one)

-Hitler and the nazis were atheists

And many more.

I still thought it was interesting to watch and I thought I'd post it here to see what some of you have to say about it. It's 40 minutes long btw

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=516...3&q=atheist

I just hate it anytime they try to associate atheism with Nazis or communism. I mean, they're not even trying to make an argument at this point. They're just poisoning the well.

There really is no greater indication of the poor case for Christianity than when they have to resort to such underhanded tactics. Unfortunately, they never have to worry about anyone catching on to their cheap trick, because it usually works.

I mean, it's getting to the point where I just want to punch people who do that.

I could only watch maybe the first five minutes and I had to shut it off.

The world is going through a social denial at this point in time and I hope it gets fixed somehow.

I mean, it's getting to the point where I just want to punch people who do that.

*hands Neil a spare sword*

:fdevil:

I just hate it anytime they try to associate atheism with Nazis or communism. I mean, they're not even trying to make an argument at this point. They're just poisoning the well.

There really is no greater indication of the poor case for Christianity than when they have to resort to such underhanded tactics. Unfortunately, they never have to worry about anyone catching on to their cheap trick, because it usually works.

We could always use their own tactics and say they weren't True Athiests.

Hitler was an atheist? I think not! Didn't he actually get his racist agenda from his understanding of the bible?

Yes, you are perfectly right. Hitler was very christian and it is because of his belief that he did all those terrible things.

Yes, you are perfectly right. Hitler was very christian and it is because of his belief that he did all those terrible things.

No, Hitler did those terrible things because he was Hitler. A human being with his own thought process and choices. His beliefs made him do nothing. I can think of a few Christians off the top of my head who are not killing people. Our belief system does not make up our whole person.

I didn't mean it that way. Of course he was crazy from the start. But he got his ideas from somewhere. You always get your inspiration from somewhere, whether it's for being kind to others or for killing thousands of them.

Of course he was crazy from the start.

Eh, I'm not sure of that. :blink:

Now before you jump at me, let me elaborate...

"crazy", to me, means something along the line "incapable to think rationally and coherently". Granted that especially close to the messy end of WW2 this fit the bastard perfectly, but in the beginning, I think, it's not like his CPU was fucked up, it was merely fed the wrong programs and data.

One can think very logically and rationally, yet still arrive at a pile of bullshit because the input data were crap. And if you dare to start, for a moment, from the assumption that all the social darwinist crap is true and that "the jew is the only race that tries to get ahead as a parasite of other races", you may be shocked to find that hitler's conclusion isn't as mad as you thought it to be.

Of course that's a daring thing to do. Kind of like the feeling I'd probably get if I screwed a hooker without protection. But anyway... in a perverted way it's interesting to perform this little thought experiment. Teaches you something about the dark side of human nature, so to say.