Goodbye Jesus

Signing Off?

padhyde

I have posted several contributions to this website. I guess it’s been for me, like others, a kind of catharsis. If once you held strong religious belief its loss can be a painful experience. It took over 60 years of my life finally to extinguish the last vestige of religiosity from my mind. Since then I have experienced a peace beyond my imagination when I was younger. I am increasingly aware of how continuous reading and writing about religion, its absurdity and dangers is a threat to the very peace of mind I now enjoy. If I was a lot younger I may well do all I could to expose the dangers of religion with all its falsehoods. But now I think I will move on to those other spheres of my life that continue to bring me such joy in the years I have left. There are so many people out there who are doing a wonderful job helping people to resolve their doubts. I wish them well.

I was reflecting the other day about what advice I would give my new grandson when he is old enough to talk to. I guess it will be ‘Be, and make others, happy. Live in peace.’ I cannot think of anything else worth saying.

That’s all from me for now.

Regards to you all.

Do well on your journey, the door here is never locked for you.

When you pass by, drop in, leave a note.

kevinL

Wherever your road takes you padhyde, may you live in happiness and peace.

:3:

A kind farewell from Germany ;)