Goodbye Jesus

Primordial Life

Ex-COG

Primordial Life is an experiment in computer based evolution. Watch biots (artificial life forms) evolve as they struggle against each other in a battle of survival. Biots assume many shapes and sizes and are both predators and prey. Experience life and death in a window or as a screen saver!

Primordial Life

Send it to all your Christian family and friends.

Ok, I downloaded this thing yesterday, and I find it pretty freakin' cool. I got the version 3.21 trial (it has somewhat limited menu options, and a window that periodically pauses the action for a few seconds and asks you to register for a fee of $12.00), and I realized I had to have the full registered version. So I may have found a free crack registration code online by googling and I may have used it to get the full, unrestricted version, which is pretty bad ass. But then again, maybe I didn't. But really what this program is, is it's an exercise in natural selection. It has organisms which are made up of differently colored lines, and each color signifies something different (red lines are predatory and can "attack", green lines are photosynthetic, light blue lines confer mobility, dark blue lines give defense abilities against red lines, and white lines which are present on males can impregnate females when sexual reproduction is selected from the options menu). Each organism has energy, with green (photosynthetic) lines giving energy to its organism and red (predatory) lines taking energy away from others and giving that energy to the predator. Once an organism's energy reaches 100, it has offspring (provided it's been impregnated if you have sexual reproduction selected). You from the options menu you can manipulate things like solar intensity (how fast organisms with green lines gain energy), mutation rate, number of organisms you start out with, whether they reproduce sexually, asexually, or both, and other things. It's pretty nifty.