Goodbye Jesus

Cbc Reporter Looking For Atheists

JeffXL

I found this at the NoGod blog:

"This reporter has a good relationship with American Atheists.

Hello,

I'm a radio producer with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. I'm presently researching a story on young adults (people from their late teens to early twenties) who were raised in Christian fundamentalist households but who have "left the fold."

Any help in locating such a subject would be greatly appreciated.

I can reached by e-mail at: frank_faulk@cbc.ca or by phone at: 416-205-6594

Thank you for your help, Frank Faulk"

If'n you'd like to help.

I found this at the NoGod blog:

"This reporter has a good relationship with American Atheists.

Hello,

I'm a radio producer with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. I'm presently researching a story on young adults (people from their late teens to early twenties) who were raised in Christian fundamentalist households but who have "left the fold."

Any help in locating such a subject would be greatly appreciated.

I can reached by e-mail at: frank_faulk@cbc.ca or by phone at: 416-205-6594

Thank you for your help, Frank Faulk"

If'n you'd like to help.

I wonder what he wants....and if 16 counts as late teens.

I guess I'll email him and find out.

I've emailed him, since I qualify -- although I'm not "out". Does he want people who can be open about their nontheistic beliefs, or can they be like me, still in hiding?

maybe Ivy and I will have to shoot him an e-mail me more than her because I am the son of a preacher :) so I guess we'll see

I'm probably older than he's looking for but I sent an email. Besides, the show's site leads me to think he may be looking for Canadians. We'll see.

not gonna email him till someone tells me what he wants the info for.

Google is your friend. Considering he's the senior editor of a radio show about morality... I would assume it was for future episodes of the show.

Of course, that's assuming a lot but a simple checkout of the show and previous topics and guests didn't make me believe there was anything "off" about this. The worst I can see is that he doesn't actually want such contact and someone is trying to flood his inbox or something.

I'm too old, and came out of what is considered "mainstream"-- even for a Missouri Synod church.

I was also inaccurate: He's looking for people who have "left the fold," and not necessarily become atheists.

The byline on the thread topic caught my eye "He's looking for young people, though." I was thinking . . . why would he just want teens and twenties? Duh! Because in our mass-market consumerist society, no one over the age of twenty-five has credibility.

I suppose the real purpose is to reach out to younger fence-sitters by showing them members of their peer group, but -- young people have left their faith since faith began, it's just that some of us have gotten older since then! LOL!

Oh, well -- however he has to do it, it's a good thing . . . even if the means reek of agism.

(And, this paranoia has nothing to do with the fact that I'm turning 36 on Saturday!)

I'm 24...does that count as early 20's? If so I'd love to be apart of the discussion.

I'm 18 now but it's in Canada.

It's probably a "story" about how Christians are oh-so-moral and everyone else is not. And how they're oh-so-depressed and having trouble keeping jobs and staying afloat financially and losing their health...etc. I'd be amazed if it was anything more than the normal stereotypical stuff.