Goodbye Jesus

The End Of The World

J.S.

Christians believe the end of the world {age} will come about by the rise of Antichrist, wrath of God, and the return of Christ {condensed form of Bible prophecy}. Although there is alot of debate regarding Bible prophecy. So, I'm just curious, how do you think the world will end, if you think it will end at all, that is?

The end of the planet, or the end of human life? If it is the end of the planet then the earth will be destoryed once engulfed by the sun

"End of the World" People are so melodramatic. We're going to die, soon, unless my distrust in the human spirit is misplaced, but End of the World? I imagine the world will go on quite well once we're gone.

Go answer all the other threads you've abandoned before you start yet another "asking a question but ignoring the answers" thread, m'kay?

Taylork, I meant either. But I guess if the planet was engulfed by the sun, that kills two birds with one stone.

Dhampir, of course we will die. But do you think the world can go on forever?

Taylork, I meant either. But I guess if the planet was engulfed by the sun, that kills two birds with one stone.

Your world will end when you die. Earth will end when our sun ( a star) dies. We know from scienctific data that all stars eventually die out, we have seen it happen. So some day (a long time from now) our star is going to die and become something else. Pick up a science book you'll figure it out. Or better yet, look up the life cycle of stars.

Your world will end when you die. Earth will end when our sun ( a star) dies. We know from scienctific data that all stars eventually die out, we have seen it happen. So some day (a long time from now) our star is going to die and become something else. Pick up a science book you'll figure it out. Or better yet, look up the life cycle of stars.

um, ok... :scratch: I disagree, but ok...

I believe something will happen to the sun, too. That's what the Bible teaches. :)

Pretty much it will go Supernova.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernova

But that will not happen in our time. By then I hope we find another planet and way to colonise it.

Nothing last's forever.... for those of you who think things do you're delusional.

JS, you post shit like none of us have any clue what 'Christians' believe, it's getting tiring, you could have asked the last sentence and got all the same replies. You might have changed your name but your M.O. is still the same. :dumbo:

Oh, I don't know. The sun starts using up fuel faster and faster until it expands out far enough to nearly engulf, or actually engulfing, the earth. It then cools and collapses on itself becoming a dwarf. The planet is now a burnt cinder if it survived at all.

Time passes. Stars are born and die in various ways. The universe either collapses onto itself (the "big crunch" maybe causing another "big bang") or the universe expands off forever with all the stars slowly winking out of existance (eventually there's nothing but the cold, dark emptiness of space).

And, just for Scott, what was the point of it all? To breed of course. To be born, have babies and die. Repeat. If one species couldn't keep it up then another would come along that could. If none could then life simple ceased and no one(thing) is the wiser. Clever, eh? We're simply a little too aware for our own good. Our moment in the spotlight will be brief like those who came before us though so perhaps whatever takes our place, if anything, if it is aware like us, will be able to deal with this ability better than we have done.

mwc

Christians believe the end of the world {age} will come about by the rise of Antichrist, wrath of God, and the return of Christ {condensed form of Bible prophecy}. Although there is alot of debate regarding Bible prophecy. So, I'm just curious, how do you think the world will end, if you think it will end at all, that is?

Actually you are incorrect about how Christians believe. When Christ returns, he will reign on earth for 1000 years, at the end of which will be another war between Gog and Magog, then at the end of that fire will consume the entire planet, and then there comes the new heaven and the new earth.

As far as my opinion of the end of the world, if you mean the planet itself, "it will die with a whimper", as the sun burns out its fuel and this rock we live on will float silently in space as a corpse of a once thriving ecosystem of life.

As far as life after this planet, I do believe in life after death.......... in the following sense: I believe life is an inevitable product of the universe. I believe that life is prolific throughout the universe. The forms it takes will be as much determinded by the physical laws of the universe as it is here on our planet, but as life evolved here was "as the chips fell" within the parameters of various rules, it is highely improbable there is any other life that would look exactly like homo sapiens. So humans being one species will die off like countless species before, but life will continue after the death of us, hence 'life after death".

When the universe itself meets an slow and gradual end, then life will come to an end.

Anyone else have R.E.M. in their head while reading this thread?

I'd like to make sure it's not just me. :grin:

Nutty fundamentalists with access to the White house could just about bring it about if they influence the foreign policy of the US. A self fulfilling prophecy!

The world will end, if its because of us humans...that sucks. If its because of a natural event, like an astroid impact or the sun engulfing the planet it wont matter, it will end, its all a question of how.

Actually, I think the sun will expand before it burns out, encompassing the Earth and a little beyond. Hopefully by then humans will have found other homes.

No sense pinning our hopes on a saviour that never comes, when we can do something about it ourselves.

J.S., your god is imaginary. Quit lying to yourself.

Go answer all the other threads you've abandoned before you start yet another "asking a question but ignoring the answers" thread, m'kay?

Scott,

You WILL finish up, or try to do so in threads that you have participated in, or started.

At this time I am letting you know that starting any further threads for the next week (Now is 1045 PDT 20Sept2006) will have your posting privvies restricted to Mod Approval, and possible suspension.

Topic locked by nivek