Goodbye Jesus

Anyone Bored Shitless Talking & Writing About Religion

snookums

Yeah!

My life does not involve any kind of religiousity. My funky fundy family don't bother me - shunning will achieve that quite nicely. :HaHa:

My other relationships are with people who are totally void of any religious morality....thankfuckingchrist for that.

but I have this crazy self harming...almost masochistic 'hobby' of reading & engaging in religious type shit..............I mean forfucks sake!

Why dregde up all those very unhappy memories for the sake of an online post!

I love it....

then after a while ...I begin to question myself....Why?..... then I get so bored with it all I make very crappy posts.

Does there come a time to stop it altogether....? I mean what does an "EX Christian" life look like.

:thanks:

I know what you mean...I am back and forth on the whole thing. Sometimes I dont want to hear about it and other days I feel like writing a book. :shrug:

I'm getting to that point. Debates bore me to death, so I usually avoid them. Religion in general is starting to bore me, but I still need a place to vent about it sometimes.

I think that I'm just addicted to the site. I learn so much here but spend way to much time here. I mean look at my post count and how long I've been here.

Guess I need to start fasting again :shrug:

It's probably a bit like scratching an itch. It feels good to talk about religon once we're out, although getting too worked up about it isn't good.

I've been out of Christianity for 16 years now. I still get involved with things like this, and debates. I always say I have the same sort of interest in religion that humans have in a train wreck. Its like I see the train headed for a cliff, I don't want to watch but some morbid part of me can't look away. Mostly I just think of how glad I am that I got off that train.

Yeah!

My

Personally, I like reading other posts to reinforce and embrace my atheism. After buying into the whole religion and fuckinjezus loves me message for half my life, its refreshing to hear why others discounted the bullshit.

It can become tedious,but I love my godless life so much now I never want to go back.

Also, being godless has not made me any less moral or principled in any way. It has given me more energy to devote to things that matter in this life. As I said in previous posts, god can kiss my fuckin ass!!!!

When I first came here I couldn't stop ranting about it...

Now, with the help of therapy(haha), I no longer care so much about christianity...It doesn't so much piss me off anymore as much as it annoys me...

I'm coming to a place where I am fine with my own non belief...I'm not going into apathy, but it does feel good to not care so much about dying and going to hell anymore.

Personally, I find religion/philosophy to be fascinating. So many permutations, even within a small system like Christianity, and their cross interactions can make for some wonderful ameteur sociology.

Ranting does get old after a while, and it isn't a full time thing for me, yet it is still kind of fun, to me. Then again, it may be that I like to piss people off every now and then.

As for what an Ex-Christian life looks like, well, anything, really. Lives, at least most decent ones, are not built around one axis (unless someone is seriouly running from something), and have a lot of areas. Some include ones that others don't. Short version is whatever you want it to look like.

For the most part, I avoid any conversations about religion, though, I really enjoy a good debate with my brother-in-law. He is a Jehovah's Witness, and thinks that he knows all there is about the Bible. He got a good wake-up call with me the first time he tried to "tell" me what was wrong about the church I grew up in and what we were taught. He went and told my sister later, "Wow, she really knows her stuff." Well, why not? I was raised in the church, went to Sunday School, VBS, revivals, and any kind of Bible Study group. Any time the doors were open, I was there. Even now, since he knows that I have studied witchcraft and deviated from Christianity, he still wants to debate me. I just keep telling him, "Bring it on." Of course, he's still just a hypocrit Christian. He swears, drinks, does drugs, and is a lazy fucking bum that doesn't work or support his family (he leaves that for my sister to do even when she's 9 months pregnant).

I dunno. I kind of have a love/hate relationship with religion. It was a big part of my life for awhile, it helped people dick me over, I generally haven't had good experiences with it... so I suppose it's not all out of my system yet.

Sometimes, though, I do get pretty tired of thinking about it. Which is a sign that I'm moving on, which is good.

I don't know if I'll ever arrive at a point of true indifference, but I don't think I should, either: religion shapes the world I live in, and often shapes it in terrible ways. I'm a divorced, freethinking, outspoken, intelligent, independent, sexually active, atheist woman; there are people in this world who would kill me because of that, and use their religion to justify it.

It's hard to be completely indifferent to something like that.

Religion and philosophy are fascinating subjects - bitching endlessly about Xianity on the other hand is counter-productive. I'll always have a religious and philosophical side to me, even though it will wax and wane according to my interest level. But to carp on and on about how much I hate Jebus or how "cool" it is to "blaspheme" Yahooweh only keeps Xianity as a part of my life.

Part of being ex-xian is moving on, and that cannot be done as long as one continually gets wound up about Jebus. As a Heathen (however Agnostic), Xianity plays absolutely no part in my religious outlook. To constantly defer to it would be quite contrary to what I now believe and the religious paths I am taking.

It's fun taking potshots at the Abrahamic cults, but for the most part, my life has moved on to more positive things. To make a big to-do about Jebus means one hasn't learned to let go. I've let go and intend to stay that way.