Goodbye Jesus

5 Years Later...

Warrior_of_god

I was in my terrorism class today and my teacher commented, in passing, that in some ways the liberals of this country have "forgotten" 9/11. Needless to say I was not pleased by this and launched into my defense.

He said that liberals had forgotten the lessons of 9/11 and that even though we ha da flawed strategy we were winning this so-alled war on terror.

My response was:

No we are not winning this war on terror. We have been losing it for the past 5 years. This country has a wound, a wound that we and our leaders have left open. We have not built anything at ground zero in defiance of the crimminals who attacked us. Instead we continue to validate their strategy by virtue of our beaurocracy. Our government has failed to protect us and it continues to fail to honor those men and women who died sensely in those terrible attacks. This is, at the very least, beyond shameful. So, no we are not winning this war on terror, and until we stop trying to validate a failed strategy and grasp ing at morality we do not have and cannot claim.

I didnt like that comment. ANyone else hear anything like this?

If my professor had made a comment like that, I would have left him a signed note telling him to stick to the fucking lesson plan and leave his political biases at the door, unless he planned to use them for something constructive...

Nice. It was constructive, it led to a debate. :grin:

If my professor had made a comment like that, I would have left him a signed note telling him to stick to the fucking lesson plan and leave his political biases at the door, unless he planned to use them for something constructive...

Do you hold to this policy if the biases are liberal biases too?

It's been awhile since I was in college but my daughter is a freshman and she says that political bias is in every class she takes. She is somewhat politcally minded but still gets "sick of having the professor's political opinions put into every topic and assignment". According to her, most of her profs are pretty liberal and, although she tends to agree with them on many things, it "gets old" hearing their rants on a daily basis "especially when the topic has nothing to do with politics anyway". (Quotes are from her"

It's been awhile since I was in college but my daughter is a freshman and she says that political bias is in every class she takes. She is somewhat politcally minded but still gets "sick of having the professor's political opinions put into every topic and assignment". According to her, most of her profs are pretty liberal and, although she tends to agree with them on many things, it "gets old" hearing their rants on a daily basis "especially when the topic has nothing to do with politics anyway". (Quotes are from her"

Wow, conservative whining. Someone call the waambulance, we have to treat this case of NCPC stat! (Neo - Conservative Persecution Complex).

Care to mention specific topics and names, or just sling general mud?

Sounds like your daughter is just another sheep bleating what was fed to her. And so do you.

Wow, conservative whining. Someone call the waambulance, we have to treat this case of NCPC stat! (Neo - Conservative Persecution Complex).

Care to mention specific topics and names, or just sling general mud?

Sounds like your daughter is just another sheep bleating what was fed to her. And so do you.

You seem to have completely misunderstood my comments - for that, I will take responsibility as I must not have clearly explained myself.

Note that I said "although she tends to agree with them on many things..." and as for me being a neo-conservative, that would come as quite the shock to those who know me. At the current time, I plan on voting a straight Democratic ticket in November. Granted, I am not a far left leaning person but most of my views are definitely a little left of center (with the exception of fiscal policies and, at least for right now, military policies, where I am probably a bit right of center). Militarily, I'm not glad that we invaded Iraq but now that we're there I don't see the Dems offering any other solutions.

If you have read any of my other posts, you would know that I just don't see things quite as black and white as some folks seem to and I think there is good and bad on both extreme ends of the political spectrum. There may actually be some middle ground where we can all meet together to move our republic in a positive direction for everyone - rich, poor, liberal, conservative, old and young. The polarization of our current political climate can't be good for anyone in my opinion. We are not each others enemy... but there is a real enemy that wants to destroy us. I'd like to see the major parties come together to defeat them - or at least find a way to protect us from them.