Goodbye Jesus

ExC-blog --Train up a child...

webmdave

Judisim isn't perfect, but I feel sorry for them for all the crap they're put through. One Jewish woman does something bad and they throw their hate towards an entire race.

Before I forget, I know it sounds weird, but I worry for this poor girl. Given the furture she'll have once she gets older in the fundy world she lives in...

I couldn't even watch it. Could someone tell me what hapened?

It was a Muslim program where this lady was quizzing a 3-year-old girl on why Jews are "apes" because ONE Jewish woman tried to poison Mohammid (sp?).

I'm not entirely convinced that story is even remotely true to begin with. Everything I've learned in my Islamic Civ class thus far leads to exactly the opposite conclusion. Muhammud always stressed tolerance for the beliefs of the other "people of the book" (as Jews and Christians were called). After the decidedly less accomodating policies of the Byzantine and Sasanian empires, I can't imagine anyone of either faith having it out for Muhammad.

'Course, that class is far from comprehensive, but that story just reeks of propaganda. I think I'll ask my professor about it and see what he has to say.

That was the cutest little girl spouting the most horrible things.

woodsmoke: I love your signature "the more I learn, the less I know" I've said the very same thing, many times.

Absolutely despicable. Reminiscent of the indoctrinism into racism young southern children received not so long ago.

I need to get a copy of the Koran. I don't think that they were saying Jews were "apes and pigs" because of one woman's actions toward their prophet. She asked the little girl who says the Jews are apes and pigs and she answers "Allah". She asks where he says this and she says "The Koran".

Muhammud always stressed tolerance for the beliefs of the other "people of the book" (as Jews and Christians were called).

I'm willing to bet my left nut there are supporting passages for this idea as well as the idea that Jews are "apes and pigs" in the Koran. If it is anything like the Judeo-Christian bible, I'd bet my LIFE on it.