Goodbye Jesus

Joshua

lothartx

I sat through, by choice, a movie called "Joshua". The wife had rented it on the advice of another fundy friend. It was billed to me as "new guy moves to small town and has a hard time fitting in." I chose to stay with the wife and kids because it was “family time”. I give my wife credit, she liked the movie, but apologized that is was so blatantly a one-sided Christian propaganda movie. (Ok, my words, but close enough)

Now I know where the term "Christian self masturbatory B.S." originated. If you ever have the opportunity to see this movie, please don't hesitate to say “No thank you!”

It is a very shallow movie. The whole premise is “Love Jesus and all your problems will go away.” Joshua was Jesus version 2. Healed people, raised them from the dead, knew everything. If he talked to you, all problems would melt away. No drama, no “real life” at all. Didn’t attempt to address any true issues people have with the bible and Christianity in the slightest. It was almost funny it was so pathetic. The sad part is a lot of Christian probably think it’s reality.

If you’ve seen it, I’m sorry you had to suffer through it.

If you’ve seen it and liked, well, I don’t know what to say.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you!

Yuck…