Goodbye Jesus

Demons-ghost

Leaf

Most of us know what the Bible says about this..you know Jesus casting out demons, the 12 also had power to cast them out...But lets come to real life..I'm over 30 been in the church about 7 years total. I have heard stories of people in the churchseeing demons or ghost or whatever you call them. Ive also had fellow non-believers see these spooks...so that kind of made it have a twist.

I for one have not seen a ghost or a demon.But my sister who is in the church has seen ghost. Now I am agnostic in my religion..I don't know....??As for ghost or demons how do most of you X Christians feel about this topic? Are they real? Do you have personal stories?

post-2146-1159470460_thumb.jpg

post-2146-1159470472_thumb.jpg

My parents believe that ghost are really demon since after a person dies they are going to heaven or hell. They have never seen them though but have heard stories. I have no reason to believe in ghost personally.

Ghost, demons, unicorns, leprechauns, Yahweh, angels, Zeus....see a common thread? All imaginary and completely without any empirical validation.

Ghosts, devil, demons, evil spirits, ...

Can be entertaining in a movie with the right special effects and a decent plot line, or a good paper back book. Ever since I was a kid I've loved a good fright film, or a page-turner of a scary story. (When I started reading "The Exorcist" when it came out in paperback, I literally couldn't stop.)

Other than that, just imaginary critters.

Demons and ghosts are as real as anything our imaginations can create. Wonderful symbols and fodder for stories that raise goosebumps, or keep parishoneers paying their tithes. :wicked:

I don't believe they are real, though they can be great entertainment. Ever seen Angel or Buffy? ;)

I don't believe in ghosts in reality. I think what amounts to a ghost is a memory or an overactive imagination. People create ghosts, I believe, as a way to hold on to those people that had an impact on history or that we have lost. Personally I have never seen a ghost, demon, or angel, so until I do, I'll remain skeptical.

I don't believe that ghosts or demons exist in the way that people would define them. I think often as not the "sightings" are the product of an overactive imagination or just flat out dreaming. Most so-called supernatural events have a very ordinary natural explanation if one looks hard enough. There is a good article about it here:

http://www.skepdic.com/ghosts.html

I'll add my standard paranormal encounter reply: sleep paralysis. I think it accounts for a lot of ghosts, demons, aliens, visions, etc.

The primary symptom of sleep paralysis is partial or complete skeletal muscle paralysis during the hypnopompic or hypnagogic states. In other words, it is the sense of being aware that one is unable to move or speak while falling asleep or waking up. Sleep paralysis may also be accompanied by hypnagogic hallucinations.[1] These hallucinations can be auditory, tactile, and/or visual. If a polysomnography is taken, at least one of the following will be shown: skeletal muscle tone suppression, REM sleep at sleep onset, or dissociated REM sleep. The sleep paralysis persists anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes [1] before the person is able to either return to REM sleep or to become fully awake.

Couple that with the right cultural references (demons, aliens, ghosts) and a certain belief set and viola! Jibbering spirits a'plenty!

More detail ------> here.