Goodbye Jesus

God Is...

AgnosticBob AtheistPants

The new series “Heroes” on NBC delves into the directional possibilities of the next step in human evolution. The pilot started with a professor speaking to what appears to be a genetics class. He said something that struck me as funny, yet semi-profound.

His speech is as written below.

"Man is a narcissistic species by nature. We have colonized the four corners of our tiny planet, but we are not the pinnacle of so-called “evolution.” That honor belongs to the lowly cockroach. Capable of living for months without food…remaining alive headless for weeks at a time…resistant to radiation. If God has indeed created himself in his own image, then I submit to you that God is a cockroach!”

Wow… I can’t think of a much better way to describe the biblical God than as a giant cockroach! Just like the one in Men in Black.

:lmao:

Hehehe. I think it sounds fitting too. I'm going to have to see that show now...

Hehehe. I think it sounds fitting too. I'm going to have to see that show now...

You can watch the pilot episode on the website!

Heroes Pilot Episode

I love the advances in the internet in the last couple of years! Pretty soon we'll be watching live television on the net instead of over the airwaves! Fully interactive television! That will be AWESOME!

Aw, heck. Now I'm getting visions of Gregor Samsa as the son of God, uh, Bug.

I need to see if the pilot and last night's episodes are available on torrent networks yet. I saw part of the pilot last week, but had to turn it off because my family got home (speaking of motivation to move out... :glare: ).