Goodbye Jesus

The Reason Driven Life: What On Earth Am I Here For?

Jubilant

I just purchased this book the other day and even though I have been an exer for almost two years, I am finding it an awesome read. If I would've read this book right after leaving the fold, my mind would've been rested much earlier, instead of going from fear to none for the first 8 months. LOl Anyway, just wanted to post this for the newer ExChristian and even the veterans. And yes, the title is intentionally labeled as is, as this book does an awesome job at debunking Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life, it has 40 chapters and everything. :-)

Anyway, here is the link: The Reason Driven Life

I keep getting a link about school related shootings...Hmmmm

I keep getting a link about school related shootings...Hmmmm

Same here.

Sorry. Here it is http://www.amazon.com/Reason-Driven-Life-W...h/dp/1591024765

I don't know what happened, my edit button is missing so I can't change it on the opening post.

Mod(s)...would you mind changing to the correct link in my opening post, I'm sorry.

As a rejoinder to the fundamentalist assumptions of Warren’s book, Robert Price, a biblical scholar, a member of the Jesus Seminar, and a former liberal Baptist pastor, offers this witty, thoughtful, and detailed critique.
If he is apart of the Jesus Seminar, isn't he still a christian or deist?

As a rejoinder to the fundamentalist assumptions of Warren’s book, Robert Price, a biblical scholar, a member of the Jesus Seminar, and a former liberal Baptist pastor, offers this witty, thoughtful, and detailed critique.
If he is apart of the Jesus Seminar, isn't he still a christian or deist?

No, he isn't a Christian nor a Deist. The Jesus Seminar is a debate group regarding the historical accuracy of whether or not Jesus existed. Mr. Price is a self-proclaimed agnostic and secular humanist. He is a free-thinker and although no longer a Christian he does still enjoy friendly debating with Christian friends and even fundies.

I also just bought his book. The parts I read while in B&N seemed pretty decent. As long as it's thought provoking and not full of dogma, I'm OK with it. In the intro he did say he was now technically an athiest, but found humanist fit him better.

When the wife sees me reading it, she'll probably have another cow. :grin:

http://www.pointofinquiry.org/myWimpy.html

This link will take you, hopefully, to the site where Bob Price is talking about this book. There is a group of podcasts and his is the second one. I have also ordered this book and am looking forward to reading it.

I was really thrill to learn also, that Bob Price lives only 20 minutes from me. Hopefully I will get a chance to meet him, pick his brain, and get him to sign my book. :woohoo::grin: