Goodbye Jesus

God Is Pro-abortion...

LosingMyReligion

Hosea 13:16 (New Living Translation) - The people of Samaria must bear the consequences of their guilt because they rebelled against their God. They will be killed by an invading army, their little ones dashed to death against the ground, their pregnant women ripped open by swords."

Hosea 13:16 (King James) Samaria will bear her guilt because she has rebelled against her God.

They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open.

So, since God sanctions the murders of pregnant women that can only be described as abortion, right?

So why aren't fundies Pro-death?

Hosea 13:16 (New Living Translation) - The people of Samaria must bear the consequences of their guilt because they rebelled against their God. They will be killed by an invading army, their little ones dashed to death against the ground, their pregnant women ripped open by swords."

Hosea 13:16 (King James) Samaria will bear her guilt because she has rebelled against her God.

They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open.

So, since God sanctions the murders of pregnant women that can only be described as abortion, right?

For the same reason they don't care whether they are eating shrimp and aren't stoning their wives for menstruating: They cherry pick what they want out of their book and pretend that they really understand what they are talking about.

Well, that's one part of it. The rest of it is due to the fact that the Samarians were the bad guys and Jehovah doesn't like them. And we aren't supposed to care about the people Jehovah forsakes. They weren't real Christians so they can all die.

Your problem is that you're looking at this from the wrong perspective. :nono::grin: In our justice system, we have this crazy notion that someone who hires a hitman is guilty of murder, even more guilty than the hitman himself, but in God's system He gets to hire hitmen to do his wetwork while remaining holy and sinless himself.

Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! Matthew 18:7

Wait, what?

...You mean they aren't?

Sometimes they are.

A lot of fundies seem to have this concept of deserving when it comes to life and death. That is, the innocent deserve life, while the guilty (of whatever) deserve death.

I think this is why you'll see a lot of fundies be anti-abortion but pro-death penalty. In their minds, a newly conceived fetus is innocent and therefore deserving of life, and should not be aborted; whereas a serial killer is guilty of a heinous crime (in this case, the ending of multiple lives) and hence no longer deserves to live himself.

Think, too, of the diehard fundies who are sure that everybody who doesn't believe the same thing they do are going to hell. How often do you hear these people make all kinds of excuses why it's just and merciful for their loving deity to roast unbelievers for all eternity?

In a similar vein, how many fundies rejoice when things like the Indian Ocean tsunami happen, calling it "god's vengeance" on unbelievers, or payback for rampant immorality?

On the flip side, how many fundies are happy when loved ones die, in the thought that their loved ones have gone on to a better place, to spend eternity with Jeebus? Death is the best thing in the world to such folks. Honestly, sometimes I wonder how come we don't see more fundies offing themselves. But then I guess that might make them murderers, in a sense, and then they'd end up in hell because they killed someone...

These people are perfectly happy when the right people die. Maybe they wouldn't go out and kill others themselves, but they sure aren't sorry when it happens. That sounds like being pro-death to me, even if it's in a passive-aggressive kind of way.

My point exactly. No matter how they truss it up, by their very nature, every believer in the Abrahamic religions sees life on Earth as a "purgatory" and looks forward to death as the point at which "true life" starts.

They're death cults, plain and simple.

If the Lord does miscarriages then he is doing abortions all the time. Of course he is pro abortion!

yup, it's it like 50% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage and of those 30% of them the women are aware they're pregnant. Something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

yup, it's it like 50% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage and of those 30% of them the women are aware they're pregnant. Something like that.

I think the stat is even higher: around 70%.

Of course God is pro-abortion, She wouldn't be infallible if She wasn't.

I think the stat is even higher: around 70%.

Of course God is pro-abortion, She wouldn't be infallible if She wasn't.

IIRC from my embryonic development class in my biology major days, the actual figure is over 90%, from the moment of the formation of the zygote (sperm and egg fusion). The great majority of pregnancies spontaneously abort before the stage where the embryo becomes the fetus, which in humans is at two months.

They are. Most of them are pro death penalty. They are pro birth. After the mother gives birth, they couldn't care less. And from what I remember reading all through the bible, it says that life begins on the first breath.

Abortion is part of God's plan, isn't it? Wouldn't it have to be? There's a video a video that shows that if God has a plan, the plan must include abortion, murder, rape, etc. Fighting against abortion must be fighting against God's plan. This is the video:

Wait, what?

...You mean they aren't?

Woodsmoke, with that lmao statement you said so much. I miss you buddy.

in my opinion fundies are very pro- abortion, well, when it comes to interracial kids possibly being born into the world, they hate that.

I think this is the best biblical quote supporting the pro-choice side:

"If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life." - Exodus 21:22-23

In other words, a fetus is not considered to be worth as much as a human life, since a fine would suffice as punishment for causing a miscarriage. Other OT verses (Leviticus 27:6 and Numbers 3:15-16) indicate that even a new-born infant is not counted as a person, unless it's at least a month old -- and male.

No where is abortion condemned directly in the bible, even though it was practiced during biblical times and well before. Anti-choice fundies are NOT following scripture; they're merely pawns carrying out the dictates of rabidly conservative clergy and politicians (or rather, cleriticians, since they are often one and the same).