Goodbye Jesus

Yahweh Is Not Almighy Like He Claims

KT45

We've all heard it before. God is almighty and God is all powerful. All of this is based on the bible. Well just using the bible I call bullshit. God just isn't that powerful. I will do my best to try to prove this. Firstly I won't go off of any claims that he makes. He constantly calls himself almighty and all powerful but it doesn't mean anything. I can call myself almighty but you won't believe it unless I have the actions to back up my words. So when looking at God I will only judge him based on his actions. Also I won't judge him based on what he claims he will do in the future, because it hasn't happened. So revelation scriptures don't count. So here we go.

God's Powers

1.He can create different realms (he created the heavens Gen 1:1)

2. He can create a planet and the stars that can be seen on earth (Gen 1:1-16) : It never says he created the universe

3. Has power to send fireballs. Shown when done by elijah (1 Kgs 18:1-40) (Lev 10:2)

4. Power to take life of humans (2 Sam 6:6-11)

5. Power to give life (Gen 2:7)

6. Power to cause natural disasters (earthquake, floods, hail etc)

7. Power to over animals (make bears kill children 2 kings 2:23-25)

8. Power to change peoples opinions (Exo 9:12)

God's Weaknesses

1. He has horrible fighting skill. He lost in a wrestling match to a human that had no fighting experience (Gen 32:28) (This also shows he can be touched so he can be fought in a physical battle)

2. He can't even stop chariots made of iron (Judges 1:19)

Fights against other Gods 1win/0 losses/ 0 ties

1. Wins against Baal who failed to show up to the competition

So basically he has the power of elements of nature, fire and life of humans. And he can create stuff. When it comes to humans he seems pretty powerful if he can use his powers. But he is weak when it comes to simple things like wrestling and beating armed vehicles. Some people might say god lost the wrestling match because he went easy on him, but he had to cheat. I don't care how weak he made himself, he was fighting an inexpierenced fighter and should have won based on skill alone (you know he does have infinite knowledge :loser: ). I can see why he needs an army of angels to protect him.

Now knowing all of this, is there any other god or goddess powerful enough to defeat him? I think there should be since he seems pretty weak for a god. If so please state why and any scripture or text to back it up. This is just based on strenght and not based on how loving they are.

P.S. - he should be allowed to battle others gods. Just because claims he is the one true god doesn't make it so.

Please add any weakness or strenghts that I failed to mention.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, he claims nothing's impossible for him, but there's tons of stuff he can't do.

He also doesn't KNOW everything, like when he asks satan what he's been up to lately, or when he was calling adam in the garden (didnt know where he was)

And then when he finds him he's like "what have you done!!!". Would he be that shocked if he knew in advance what was gonna happen?

First off, his fighting skills are indeed miserable; you forgot to mention that he also lost to Moses in Exodus when he met Moses at an inn.

Regarding the fight against Baal, it was not a win for if you read on you will see that after the followers of God killed the priests of Baal clouds were spotted in the sky and the "winners" fled and hid among the "people". The reason for this was that Baal was a fertility god who only spent half the year on earth. His return to earth was among his followers heralded by the clouds.

Rasmus

Given the fact that Yahooweh couldn't stop chariots made of iron, he'd have a hard time of things against Thor, who wears a glove of iron and whose hammer was ostensibly made from iron as well... :scratch:

Yup, Thor can handle IHVH, no problem. So can Odin, who has superior intelligence-gathering capability.

I was also considering Tiamat, but she's still got a pulled muscle or two from her run-in with Marduk.

But I think Kali Ma would do the most spectacular job of all. :D

First off, his fighting skills are indeed miserable; you forgot to mention that he also lost to Moses in Exodus when he met Moses at an inn.

Actually I never heard that one :Doh: What scripture is that from?

So God lost to two humans in a fight? Maybe I should change it from Yahweh vs. Other gods to Yahweh vs. Mere humans.

-EDIT-

I just found the passage. Exodus 4:24 when God tried to kill moses but moses' wife cut off a kids foreskin or something. I don't think this counts as God losing to moses.

1.He can create different realms (he created the heavens Gen 1:1)

2. He can create a planet and the stars that can be seen on earth (Gen 1:1-16) : It never says he created the universe

Even his creation abilities are questionable. The translations we use are so familiar that no one questions them but take a look at Young's Literal Translation:

1 In the beginning of God's preparing the heavens and the earth -- 2 the earth hath existed waste and void, and darkness [is] on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God fluttering on the face of the waters,

[YHWH creates light and separates night and day here]

6 And God saith, `Let an expanse be in the midst of the waters, and let it be separating between waters and waters.'

[He then separates the waters into the upper and lower waters]

9 And God saith, `Let the waters under the heavens be collected unto one place, and let the dry land be seen:' and it is so

Using this, and some other translations I've read online, you can see that YHWH just manipulates the already existing materials. The waters and the dry land they cover, are already there unlike the popular version where it's him, then the heavens and the earth. He exists along with the primordal waters just like other ancient gods. He then moves the water to reveal a dry land mass. Just like other ancient gods. He then creates other stuff. Just like other ancient gods. He's just like other ancient gods.

mwc

Okay, Thor and Zeus could so totally mop the floor with Yaweh's bitch ass...

Actually I think Ishtar would give Yahweh a run for his money.

I mean hey - she was the war goddess, love goddess, sex goddess, life goddess, and death goddess, all wrapped into one. She could put on armor and kick Yahweh's ass on the battlefield all day, then wash up and put on sexy lingerie and fuck him to death all night. She wasn't regarded as simply the creatrix of life, she was the life force itself - she had the power to create and destroy life at will.

My money'd be on Ishtar.

Actually I think Ishtar would give Yahweh a run for his money.

Absolutely - and don't forget Freyja (the Norse Ishtar or just a kindred spirit? :scratch: ). Yet another sex, death, and battle Goddess who'd slaughter Yahooweh and ride his corpse to orgasm :)

• 3 weeks later...

I looking for pictures of God losing to Jacob in a wrestling match but I noticed something. All the pictures on google show him wrestling with angels. Why? Is there some translation error or something? The KJV says.....

Gen 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. Jacob wrestles with god and wins!

God changes Jacob's name to Israel to signify that he wrestled with God and "prevailed."

32:25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.

32:26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.

32:27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.

32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

It seems pretty clear to me that Jacob kicked Yahweh's ass. Why do christians think he wrestled an angel? If it was an angel, what does that say about god's army?..........

Seriously.....whether it was an angel or God the man had no fighting expierence!!! How could a powerful spiritual deity lose to a man who never fought in a wrestling match? I say this. If Yahweh and his angels do come back to earth to fight, we should gather a whole bunch of Junior High School wrestlers to kick his ass and win the battle of armaggedon.

No one answered my question so here it is...

I looking for pictures of God losing to Jacob in a wrestling match but I noticed something. All the pictures on google show him wrestling with angels. Why? Is there some translation error or something? The KJV says.....

Gen 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. Jacob wrestles with god and wins!

God changes Jacob's name to Israel to signify that he wrestled with God and "prevailed."

32:25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.

32:26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.

32:27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.

32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

It seems pretty clear to me that Jacob kicked Yahweh's ass and not an angels. Why do christians think he wrestled an angel?

Is your question why do xians believe he wrestled with an angel instead of "god"?

The answer is because no can see/touch "god" and live. Since the text describes the "person" in such an ambiguous way they have some wiggle room to say it was an angel.

The problem is the author clearly knows how to describe an angel (see a few lines previous to the encounter) and clearly knows how to describe "god" in a number of ways including the clear-cut name of Israel (basically "Struggle with God"). Sometimes "god" is El and other times it's YHWH. Usually it's just the generic elohim and in this story this is what it is. Strong's shows that elohim has be translated as angel out time so I guess that's the "out" xians take (even though in the same story he's wrestling with a man and the word translates as "man" so angel doesn't even work...also the name Jacob later names the location Penial means "facing God" so that means Jacob, who saw "god" in a vision previously, seemed to think it was "god").

Not that it matters but they also say that it isn't "god" that visits Abraham, Moses or who walks around with Adam and Eve. It's either an angel or even a form of jesus. The text is pretty clear on these matters but since when does what the text actually say mean anything?

mwc