Goodbye Jesus

Islam And Freedom

Reverend AtheiStar

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/arti...mp;parent_id=27

Islam and freedom

Published: Monday, 9 October, 2006, 09:29 AM Doha Time

By Abdul Rahman bin Hammad al-Omar

A. Freedom of Faith

In a country ruled by Muslim authorities, a non-Muslim is guaranteed his freedom of faith. He has the full choice, either to embrace Islam to deliver himself from disbelief and attain prosperity, or to stick to his religion, and hence, choose disbelief, distress and be a loser in the Hereafter. Such a choice provides a clear-cut evidence against the disbeliever on the Day of Judgment. Muslims are forbidden from obliging a non-Muslim to embrace Islam, but he should pay the tribute to Muslims readily and submissively, surrender to Islamic laws, and should not practise his polytheistic rituals openly.

Apostasy from Islam is grievous crime punishable by death. One who commits apostasy from Islam rejects truth after he had known it, thus, he does not deserve life and loses the (Raison-d’etre) of his existence. But if his apostasy is due to a violation of one of the principles of Islam, he should repent and ask Allah for forgiveness, and behave in accordance with Islamic rules.

Violations leading to apostasy are of many forms:

1. Idolatry: That is to worship others besides Allah, even if he considers those whom he associates with Allah to be intercessors and not gods (as a symbol of a pious man, or any other creature whom he thinks to be his intercessor to Allah). Islam considers one committing such acts to be an idolater or an apostate.

The likeness of those who commit idolatry under the name of intercession is as the likeness of a man who drinks wine after calling it by another name. Allah stated in the Qur’an (which means): “So serve Allah, offering Him sincere devotion. Is it not to Allah, that sincere devotion is due? But those who take for protectors others than Allah (say): ‘We only serve them in order that they may bring us nearer to Allah.’ Truly Allah will judge between them in that wherein they differ. But Allah guides not such as are false and ungrateful.” (39:3)

Allah also states (which means): “Such is Allah your Lord: To Him belongs all Dominion. And those whom you invoke besides Him own not a straw. If you invoke them, they will not listen to your call, and if they were to listen, they cannot answer your (prayer). On the Day of Judgment they will reject your ‘partnership’ and none (O men!) can inform you like Him who is All-Aware.” (35:13-14)

2. The Muslim must charge idolators, Jews, Christians, atheists and magians with unbelief. He should charge also with unbelief those who worship false deities and take for law regulations different from those which Allah had revealed. A Muslim commits the grievous sin of unbelief if he does not accuse such men with unbelief.

3. Sorcery is a form of unbelief, especially when it includes grave idolatrous deviation. Therefore, whoever practises sorcery, or gives his consent to such action after knowing that it is atheism is an unbeliever.

4. Whoever believes that there is a law better than the law of Islam, or that there is a system better than that revealed to Muhammad is an unbeliever.

5. Whoever dislikes Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam – may the peace and blessings of Allah be on him) or abominates any of the rules of Islamic law is an unbeliever.

6. Whoever ridicules any of the precepts of Islam knowingly is an unbeliever.

7. Whoever longs for the defeat of Islam and abhors its victories is an unbeliever.

8. Whoever takes unbelievers as friends and gives them support knowingly with abrogation to Islamic rules is an unbeliever.

9. To believe that there are certain men authorised to violate Islamic laws and perform what is contrary to them is unbelief.

10. Whoever shuns Islamic faith or law after being reminded of it is an unbeliever.

11. To deny or reject any of the fundamentals of Islam is unbelief.

All these examples of deviation which lead to apostasy are supported by evidences from the Qur’an and prophetic traditions. We should beware of committing any of these deeds.

B. Islam confers freedom of opinion on Muslim on condition that it should not be used to violate Islamic precepts. Allah commanded the Muslim to stick to truth and say it wherever he may be heeding no censure of others. This is considered to be one of the highest ranks of fighting for the cause of Allah. The Muslim should also give good advice to Muslim rulers and admonish them to refrain from all kinds of transgression. Allah ordered the Muslims to refute false opinions and restrain those who call people to it from committing this grievous sin.

Such a system based on respecting the opinions of others so long as their opinions are not violating the law of Allah is most magnanimous system. Opinions contrary to the laws of Allah result in nothing but corruption and falsehood, therefore these should not be communicated.

C. Individual liberty is guaranteed in Islam within the broad limits of Islamic laws. Both man and woman have the right to practise all kinds of transaction: ie contracts of sale, donation, waqf, ... etc. As for marriage, both male and female have full liberty to select their spouse, but in exceptional cases, when a female agrees to marry a man who is not equal to her in religious rank (ie a man of bad reputation, or negligent of his religious duties such as prayer, fast ... etc), the female’s father or the most close relative to her has the right to interfere and oppose the marriage with a view to protect her faith, honour and her family’s interests. A female should not run about herself to complete marriage formalities, but her legal sponsor should o so on her behalf.

A contract for marriage is dependent on the consent of both the parties (the male and the female). Two witnesses, at least, should be present at the time of concluding the contract and should sign it as witnesses.

According to Islam, man and whatever he owns belong to Allah. Therefore, all human behaviour should be within the limits explained by the commandments of Allah. Islam permits no transgression or extravagance; the laws of Allah are not only a guidance to His bondsmen, but they are also a source of mercy on them. To protect the Muslim society from all kinds of abuses and deviations, Islam has strictly forbidden adultery, fornication, sodomy, suicide and all forms of lewdness.

Allah ordained Muslims to shave off their moustaches, trim their nails, pluck out their armpits and pubic hair and to circumcise males.

Muslims are enjoined not to imitate the behaviour of Allah’s enemies, or commit their indecencies. Behaviour-imitation will affect the Muslim’s attitudes, and may create in him a sensation of sympathy towards his enemy’s indecent mode of life. Allah wants the Muslim to be purged from all vices, and thus be a proper source for original Islamic thought, independent of all forms of man-made opinions, ideas, or modes of behaviour. The Muslim should be a model for others in both faith and behaviour, he should not be an imitator and dependent on others.

In the field of industries and technical knowledge useful to mankind, Islam commands the Muslim to strive and acquire this knowledge and experience even from non-Muslims. Knowledge belongs to Allah, and He is the Instructor who provides man with all forms of knowledge. The Holy Qur’an states (which means): “Taught man that which he knew not.” (96:5)

This promptness to acquire useful knowledge and science is the highest rank of reform and admonition for mankind in order to enable man to make use of his liberty, preserve his honour and dignity and protect himself against evil.

D. Islam protects man’s privacy. It not only prohibits the Muslim from entering into other people’s houses without permission, it also interdicts strictly glancing furtively at others inside their dwellings as well as prohibiting all deeds which encroach upon someone’s security and right of privacy.

E. Allah has conferred on man the freedom of work. Man has the right to earn and expend within the limits explained by the laws of Allah. Work is a duty on man. He should work to support himself and his family. But, at the same time, Allah forbids strictly illicit gains which are the outcome of illegal deeds such as usury, gambling, corruption, theft, sorcery, fornication, and sodomy. Money gained by selling wine, pork, or practising forbidden kinds of entertainment such as singing and dancing is also illicit and prohibited. The Muslim should avoid earning money from illicit sources and should also avoid spending it for ill deeds.

By this method which regulates means of earning and ways of spending, Islam offers to man the most useful guidance to a prosperous and a very happy life.

Ein volk, ein reich, ein gott! Heil Mohammed!

I'd rather fucking die, then live under that crap.

Therefore, whoever practises sorcery, or gives his consent to such action after knowing that it is atheism is an unbeliever.

lol

Yeah, those were my first thoughts: I'd kill myself first.

The tragic thing is that those who follow this crap to this degree don't even realize that it's not following their god that they're doing, but the men who they are letting interpret it for them. You know what that means then? They are putting men before Allah, and are therefore unbelievers and deserve death. Or maybe they don't because without following those men who interpret it, they really don't know what it says, and it probably doesn't spell out the death sentence as prescribed by those they follow; or that even that is considered unbelief itself, or, or... :crazy:

Man, these people are so desperate for rules, aren't they?

:ugh: The idea makes me want to gas myself.

It could be worse, but... Free? Prosperous and very happy life? I feel like I'm from another planet...

And I'm sorry, but I just have to say it: plucking out their pubes and underarm hair!? That' gotta hurt :eek: and what the hell is wrong with mustaches? oh and foreskins? One more thing, I would hate to live in a world where singing was "Forbidden entertainment".

Ein volk, ein reich, ein gott! Heil Mohammed!

Yup. Different religion, same old shit!

Islamic freedom -- completely submission to Islam. :twitch:

How is that free?

You are free to fucking die by the sword (or bomb, bullet, dagger, switchblade, etc.) at the hands of a peace-loving Muslim. They just hate it when they're called violent!

And that's just what they have planned for any dissenting opinion. You are free to object and they are free to kill you -- righteously, of course!

Therefore, whoever practises sorcery, or gives his consent to such action after knowing that it is atheism is an unbeliever.

lol

Oh, I know! Did you see how many other things make one an unbeliever in this cleric's eyes? If all that he said was true, our numbers would be in the billions!

lol

Where'd you get that pic? That's awesome!

The tragic thing is that those who follow this crap to this degree don't even realize that it's not following their god that they're doing, but the men who they are letting interpret it for them. You know what that means then? They are putting men before Allah, and are therefore unbelievers and deserve death. Or maybe they don't because without following those men who interpret it, they really don't know what it says, and it probably doesn't spell out the death sentence as prescribed by those they follow; or that even that is considered unbelief itself, or, or... :crazy:

Man, these people are so desperate for rules, aren't they?

I guess they should all whip up some poison punch then and get it all over with. Everyone failed, class dismissed! lol...

:ugh: The idea makes me want to gas myself.

It could be worse, but... Free? Prosperous and very happy life? I feel like I'm from another planet...

And I'm sorry, but I just have to say it: plucking out their pubes and underarm hair!? That' gotta hurt :eek: and what the hell is wrong with mustaches? oh and foreskins? One more thing, I would hate to live in a world where singing was "Forbidden entertainment".

The thought of this kind of government taking over (theocracy), whether Christian, Muslim or otherwise, makes me want to fight, not kill myself. It makes me want to work harder to spread the good word of Atheism. It's people like this asshole that keep me going. I say to him, "Thanks for the motivation!"