Exc-blog --i Challenege Any Theist On The Web To Debate The Problem Of Evil

webmdave

• Admin

I am issuing a debate challenge to any believer who wants to debate me on the problem of evil. I want a worthy opponent who is knowledgeable and also cordial. Tell any theist you know of this challenge. Then I will choose the one most promising for this debate. See here.

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2006/10...-on-web-to.html

I got a 404 on that page.

Webmaster,

I've relayed your challenge to CF forums. Link can be found here:Link

I assumed you wished to reach as great an audience as possible to find candidates, so I figured that this site would be ideal.

My apologies if I got your name wrong.

I'm interested, but I'm not sure I'm what you're looking for. I'm a deist (therefore technically a theist), and I believe that there are those who are evil, but it exists only on an individual level. IOW, there is no devil or force for evil any more than there is a force for good. I belive in a laissez faire God which is equivalent with Truth, but evil is merely the absense of Truth--both literally and figuratively, not the anti-god or anti-christ.

When atheists and revealed religion theists debate God, it usually ends up with the theists resorting to blind faith and/or stomping off in a huff. It's their only unreasonable recourse. But if you want to avoid that oft-trodden path, might I offer myself and my unorthodox philosophy.:crucified: Sometimes we can learn from a stalemate.

• Admin

The link works now.

John Loftus is handling all this, it's his baby, so to speak. You'll have to contact him for more information at http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com.