Goodbye Jesus

Confirmation In The Family

Amethyst

I have to send my god-daughter a confirmation card and gift. She's getting confirmed the Sunday before Halloween. It's a Lutheran church, so I assume they'll make a big deal about Reformation Day.

I feel hypocritical for sending her stuff, but it's something I have to do. Not sending a card and gift is not an option. Also, her family isn't exactly well off financially, and she could use the money. At least, this is a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

How do other people deal with religious obligations like that?

I'd probably do the same thing....consider all and send some money. It sounds like you'd like to help her out financially anyway....

but....for me attending the chruch in person, would be something I wouldn't do.

I'd probably do the same thing....consider all and send some money. It sounds like you'd like to help her out financially anyway....

but....for me attending the chruch in person, would be something I wouldn't do.

Oh, I wouldn't attend either. It's way out of town anyway (in a neighboring state, even). I don't see those particular relatives more than once every few years or so, and it's always at something like a wedding or a funeral. I mostly just send my god-daughter a birthday card, a Christmas card, and the occassional thinking-of-you letter.