Goodbye Jesus

I Am So Fucked

woodsmoke

So, I have an economic summary due on Norway tomorrow morning.

Except for the minor detail that economics is the one class in which I have absolutely no clue how to write/present a project paper.

I'll reiterate:

I am so fucked.

Edit: And yes, I'm working on it right now. All (or at least most of) the necissary information is in my head, I just have no fucking clue how to put it to paper in a presentable manner.

And yes, I know I'm repeating myself. There are times I don't deal well with stress, and futilely hammering away at a solid wall of writer's block while also fighting off sleep two hours after I should have been in bed is most certainly one of those times.

Edit again: God damn it, I got this in the wrong section! Don't suppose a mod could move it to rants for me?

Hmmm....I was gonna say "good job man, who is she?" but I see that you are truly fucked :HaHa:

Good luck! Let us know how you did.

^^:HaHa:

Lew Rockwell Dot Com

Woody, here is a spot of help that may contain whatcha need.. This is an area in which I am a RKI..

kFL

Ah, college, how do I NOT miss thee...

I cheer you on and send you coffee and a hammer and chisle. Good luck!

Well, it's finished. Of course, it wasn't until I woke up this morning (sprawled in my computer chair, fully clothed, where I had passed out the night before) and realized there was no way I was going to finish the project in time to submit and present on it in class today that I finally started making some headway on the project. :glare:

Damn you, Murphy! Damn you to Hell! :vent:

At any rate, I attached it to an apologetic and explanatory email and sent it to my professor. The thought occurs to me now (again, of course, after I've sent it) that he doesn't give two hoots about my ironic inability to write a report paper, but he's a pretty cool guy so I don't expect it to be much of a problem (beyond the necessary point deduction for its being late).

The really ironic/frustrating thing about all this is I'm one of the most active participants in our in-class discussions. Half the time I kept quiet after the presentation on Britain on Tuesday was because I wanted to give the other students a chance to answer and not dominate the conversation. For the first time I can remember, it seems I actually have an easier time giving voice to my thoughts than putting them into words.

Perhaps college is changing me in more ways than I thought.

hold the presses, i had no idea you were taking college courses. gee whiz, where in the hell on earth have i been. damn i have missed so much of your lives,lol. way to go woodsmoke, i had no thoughts on the negative side, i always knew you would be able to handle all the college stuff, and report papers included.

Heh, thanks Hooks. Always cheers me up to chat with you.

Honestly, college almost comes as a surprise to me, too. I couldn't begin to give you any kind of comprehensive coverage of events leading up to it, it's all a blur in my memory. All I know is things worked out to get me here, and I couldn't be more happy they did. :)

I haven't seen you around in quite a while, how's life out your way?

I hate writers block Woody. I get designer's block from time to time and you know what? Procrastination always seems to help. Why? Its pretty simple, you HAVE to make decisions instead of getting wrapped up in the minutia. In early concept phase, writers (like designer) just need to put ideas down and then edit later. I pretty much follow this methodology as much as possible and having multiple deadlines and many projects running concurrently actually is more of an asset, than a hindrance.

Glad to hear you hammered it out and your finding college satisfying. Hows the girls?

Not as good as they could be, but a lot better than they were. ;)

Suffice to say, my Intro. to Social Dance class alone was worth the $1200 tuition. :grin:

$1200 tuition. :grin:

In my day, my state college was under a 1000. Now its up to like 2600.

You know for that money and where you live, you could just buy some company for like a week or two, right? :grin:

What dance did you learn? Invite any hotties over for some private practice in the vertical mambo?

:thanks:

For the first time I can remember, it seems I actually have an easier time giving voice to my thoughts than putting them into words.

Perhaps college is changing me in more ways than I thought.

*runs into room and screams*

WOODSMOKE FOR PRESIDENT, 2016!!!!

*runs back out, and hides*

:HaHa:

I see it's time to call in the exterminator again... :glare:

Damn rodents. :HaHa:

In my day, my state college was under a 1000. Now its up to like 2600.

Yeah, it's certainly not cheap. I actually had 2 grand saved up from working at Domino's earlier this year, and by the time tuition came due (after buying books, some new clothes and other supplies) I only had about $600 left. I'm hoping I can find a job soon and start saving again so I don't have to take out another loan for next semester.

You know for that money and where you live, you could just buy some company for like a week or two, right? :grin:

You remember I live in Utah, right? The only girls likely to take me up on the offer are those I wouldn't want to enter into any similar sort of arrangement with if they were paying me. There's certainly no shortage of beautiful women here, but all those I've met are Mormon. It's a damn shame, I tell you.

'Sides, it's more fun this way. :grin:

What dance did you learn? Invite any hotties over for some private practice in the vertical mambo?

So far we've only learned the Fox Trot and the Cha-Cha (three guesses as to which of those ranks higher in fun), but we'll also be learning the Waltz, Swing and others that have yet to be identified. One of the girls in the class and I are hoping the Tango will be among them, but we've procured information of a way to learn that one even if it's not taught in the class.

I've done plenty of sweating over that class, but none of it with my clothes off yet. It's only just past mid-term, though. :wicked: