Goodbye Jesus

Sexually-transmitted Hpv ?!?

Llwellyn

HPV is "Human Papilloma Virus," also known as "Genital Warts."

At the age of 25, I was a Christian virgin who was quickly becoming horrified by the Christian idea of divine vengeance that Yahweh was prepared to mete upon a sinner or Christ as his substitute. That was two years ago, and since my deconversion, I have had sex with four women:

Woman 1 -- Girlfriend, Sex 6 times, no condom.

Woman 2 -- One Night Stand, Sex 1 time , condom.

Woman 3 -- One Night Stand, Sex 1 time , condom.

Woman 3 -- Girlfriend, Sex 1 time , condom.

After having sex with Woman 1, but before having sex with Woman 2, I noticed a very small area of discolored skin on the shaft of my penis. The spot is about 1.5 or 2 milimeters in diameter and is flush with the skin. The color is a little bit darker and more red than the skin it is on. There is no pain or sensitivity to it. :twitch:

Woman 1 said that she had been told by her gynecologist that her pap smear result was "abnormal," so if I got it from sexual contact, it would most likely have been from Woman 1. I don't remember having had it before. While I was visiting the dermotologist, I had him take a look at this spot, and he said that he believed it was just a naturally occurring skin blemish unrelated to the papilloma virus. :phew:

I am still worried, though, that this spot is due to the skin virus -- and it seems to be growing slowly! (Might be my anxious imagination.) I really do not want to give anybody any kind of nasty wart, virus, cervical cancer, or infertility. When I scrape together enough money, I'll go back to a dermotologist, urologist, or my general physician to ask again whether this skin blemish is caused by the HPV virus. (It kind of looks like a tiny "Bowenoid Papulosis," from my internet research.) :ugh:

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you out there have had experience with the Papilloma Virus? What should I do? Do they have a way of determining whether the virus is present? How much of a "leper" does this make me? Should I despair of having any more sexual contact? This is kind of bothering me and I am wondering how I should react. :eek:

Any advice or random commentary would be well appreciated.

The strains of HPV that cause cancer aren't the same as the ones that cause the warts. However, there's no way to tell if guys have the HPV strains that cause cancer because there's no test, so...

What you need to do is go be tested for any other STD's just to clear your mind. It may not be signs of HPV, but it could possibly be something else.

While I was visiting the dermotologist, I had him take a look at this spot, and he said that he believed it was just a naturally occurring skin blemish unrelated to the papilloma virus. :phew:

Sorry, I haven't had experiance with that, but I definately would get a second opinion if it's growing! A dermatologist might know something about that sort of thing, but go get yourself to your primary care physician and get his opinion.

Or if you're strapped for cash, you can try Planned Parenthood. They aren't just for women, have extensive experiance with this sort of thing, and can check it for you on a sliding scale.

First time I had HPV, I went to the doctor and he burned them off with liquid nitrogen. Kind of unnerving, since he put the liquid nitro in a styrofoam cup, set it between my legs, and used a shaped q-tip dipped in the nitro to burn them off. I worried what would happen should the cup tip over accidentally the whole time. Relatively painless.

Well, a couple years later they recurred, and not wanting to go through the trouble and expense of seeing the doctor again, I decided to cauterize them myself with a red-hot knife. Nervous as hell working a piece of red hot metal around my privates, a bit painful, but the operation was a success. Haven't seen them again in nearly 10 years.

Just an amusing anecdote, do NOT try that at home.