Goodbye Jesus

Any Ex-christians Want To Help Me?

mick

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patrio...isplay.php?f=15

I'm obviously from Boston. Go Pats!

It is a Patriots web site. You will have to sign up a username.

The user's name is "3 to 4" as in 3 Super Bowls looking for number 4!

He has only been a CHristian 2 years, and does not really know his Bible well. I actually think I am getting to him. ANyone want to go over there and get on this kid? I have about 5 threads going with him right now. My username is Grogan2767.

Any Soldiers want to help?

I'm obviously from Boston. Go Pats!

It is a Patriots web site. You will have to sign up a username.

The user's name is "3 to 4" as in 3 Super Bowls looking for number 4!

He has only been a CHristian 2 years, and does not really know his Bible well. I actually think I am getting to him. ANyone want to go over there and get on this kid? I have about 5 threads going with him right now. My username is Grogan2767.

Any Soldiers want to help?

Ummmm ... just curious .... why is it so important to mess with this guy? If you want people to respect your beliefs, shouldn't you respect theirs?

It is very interesting, is it not, that they try and convert us and we try to convert them all for the same reason...

It is very interesting, is it not, that they try and convert us and we try to convert them all for the same reason...

It really is..

Let me ask you something, Mick..you've stated that your wife and children are still believers. How would it make you feel if others tried to deconvert them at every turn by belittling what they believe?

Would it be fine with you if someone acosted your wife, either in person, or here on the net by telling her she was just an ignorant fuck to believe what she does? How about your children? An atheist child tells your child they are just stupid to believe?

You've found a new freedom, a new Truth for you. Live and let live, dude. Now, if they bring it to you, different story. But, why seek out this stress and strife?

I didn't seek it out. He was accosting people on a Pats board so I fcuking killed him.

BTW- I have found NO peace or freedom. My life sucks after deconverting. That doesn't change the fact that it is false. Life in general is good becuae there is no nasty God up there sending ppl to hell.

Thanks for the encourgaement.

Seriously, though I undertstand the shit your are saying to me. I just pissed!

I don't blame Christians. How could I? I don't think it is their fault.

I

It really is..

Let me ask you something, Mick..you've stated that your wife and children are still believers. How would it make you feel if others tried to deconvert them at every turn by belittling what they believe?

Would it be fine with you if someone acosted your wife, either in person, or here on the net by telling her she was just an ignorant fuck to believe what she does? How about your children? An atheist child tells your child they are just stupid to believe?

You've found a new freedom, a new Truth for you. Live and let live, dude. Now, if they bring it to you, different story. But, why seek out this stress and strife?

Mick,

You've finally found a truth that you don't have to repeat every day to believe. The truth, the "real" truth sustains itself without force of mental self-flagelation. It is such a relief isn't it?

I've been at it 20 years now and I went through a period (a phase of grieving - read the thread) where I gave it back to my perpetrators (those who sold the gospel to me).

I'm former fundy Born Again like you.

The thing about this is that you are attacking it like a football game. You use some tactics and a lot of brute force. You'll win the argument but not the moral high ground.

Think long term. Others who are reading the debate may not have a stake in fundyism. As a sports site, many observers may judge xtianity and atheism (or whatever you are) based on who behaves best.

Maybe you will not succeed in putting "3 to be 4" on the right path. However, if you refrain from Ad Hominin and personal attack and focus on his weak arguments, others watching your debate may conclude that fundyism is as fucked up as you and I know it to be.

Maybe you use brute force because your arguments are not well formed? I've looked and only seen attack...I'll look more.

Preventing fundies from growing bigger in numbers by showing everyone how bizaire the belief system is how you win the season not just the game.

The book, Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris gives us an excellent model for presenting our case. It is a short book and not expensive. Highly recommended in any case. Here is a strategy... buy two copies, read one and send the other to 3 to be 4.

Here is another strategy, make a public apology to 3 to be 4. I can ABSOLUTELY guarantee you that 3 to be 4 will not be the first to do this. Win the high moral ground by showing respect to all your opponents.

By the way... confession time... I still lash out at some people. Proselytizers who have no intention of listening to any argument still get my "You should be ashamed of how you fuck with young kids minds" lecture. I tell them that what they do is vile and represhensible. I still have trouble keeping it civil with them but take note - I have an underlying message.

I hope you take this advice as being in the kindest of intentions.

Eric