Goodbye Jesus

Ahhhhhhhhh Sundays!

WakingUp

We stopped going to church about 9 months ago. I can not tell you how I love Sundays now. They truly can be a day of rest, if I choose them to be! Yesterday was just gorgeous and I spent it outside sweeping leaves, soaking up the sun, listening to the birds. In days gone by, I would have missed the best part of the day getting ready for church(and making sure all four kids were ready) and being frustrated with my husband for not helping get kids ready and wearing tight fitting shoes and listening to the same ole same ole and wondering how to make the preachers message make sense. I am so glad to be done with that nonsense!! As I pondered the joy of just doing what I want on Sunday, I started to feel regret for all those years wasted getting to church but I chose not to regret...just enjoy this new gift! Hope your Sunday was a good one!

WakingUp

[quote name='WakingUp' date

Once again, a unique parallel. Sundays are now great! Both my wife and I abandoned church and couldn't be happier. Correct. The same Sunday mass bullshit. The blank look of brain dead hell fearing people mesmorized to a trance like state!

Whats even better,,is when we have to attend, we play the pious churchgoer part, receive communion ,oh my! another mortal sin for not going to confession! Then leave and say "fuck it all" and go on with a happy godless life!!

Yes, I regret all the wasted time, energy and money on something as irrelevant as religion.Oh well, better late than never.

Absolutely!

Sundays are days of rest, relaxation, reflection, and doing whatever I feel like doing, if it's blogging here on the EX-C net, watching football, whatever. It's my day, my time, whatever. I wouldn't have it any other way.

For EX-C families, it's perfect for family stuff, and enjoying just the simple process of taking in life together, for every day you live becomes history, and can never be recreated. Enjoy every moment!

As I pondered the joy of just doing what I want on Sunday, I started to feel regret for all those years wasted getting to church but I chose not to regret...just enjoy this new gift!

Beautifully put.

Yes, Sunday is the great second day of the weekend in which people can enjoy many things, although I personally don't like it for a few reasons (mainly due to the fact that the next day is back to school in which I can be quite grumpy during the early mornings).

Anyway, one disadvantage is that TV can't really be enjoyed, unless you have high-tech satellite and cable. Otherwise, there are channels hogged by broadcasted ministries with sweating pastors acting all crazy while people stand up and praise their invisible entity like a bunch of people on drugs.

I like walking in the park on sunday when no ones there.

tv is boring on sunday in my town its full of the crap at all the churches and alot of the stores are closed its very quiet and peaceful on sunday in this town. exept for lunch when church goers raid the buffets at resturants.

I like friday or saturday better its further away from workday.

I didn't like Sundays as a child. Having to go to church; stores closed; tv and baseball games.

But now I LUV Sundays. Reads the papers all morning; has a few cups of hot coffee; does whatever I choose for the rest of the day.

HB

I have godless Sundays and I love em, who cares about churches?

Having worked as a choir director most of my adult life, Sundays now really are days of rest.