Goodbye Jesus

Does Gods Unconditional Love last forever?

been borg again

What is Unconditional Love?

I have always placed high value on the spiritual concept of Unconditional Love.

something I always preached about while a christian. And a huge reason why I deconverted.

It is probably about the only concept in my life I hold as Sacred.

( and most likely too idealistic)

While Unconditional Love is a term used to describe Gods Love,

I am convinced the doctrine of Hell redefines and destroys this concept of Love

into regular old human concepts of conditional love.

Since we humans all learn the meaning of what-love-is from our parents, or other people who live the example of love... thus I feel this limited-love attribute of GOd (as defined by the existence of hell..)

. is evidence of a anthropomorphical attribute

applied to a "god-created-in-mans-image"

A great example of Gods limited love is the Blessing & Curse given to the Isrealites.. If they did not follow the Law given to Moses, the curses describe starvation, eating your own kids, death, disease, plauge and so forth.

Which brings up another question......

Did the Jews follow God & Law because they loved God or because they were scared to death of Gods Wrath?

The examples of Aarons Sons being burned to a crisp for

screwing up a Incence Ritual ( the first time GOd struck out against his own people) terrified the Isrealites and ever since then they seemed in fear rather than following God out of personal feelings of Love and Gratitude.

Aaron is described as being horrified his two oldest sons were killed, and Moses seemed to have changed his demeaner towards God ever after into someone who

needs to tread lightly and walk on egg shells around God, lest his anger against his own people be demonstrated again, which did happen alot, If I rememebr right I think 20,000 people died in one episode before Moses and Aarron interveined by burning incence in the crowd, which calmed Gods Anger down.

Ever seen the move, " Meet the Fockers"? Rememebr Dustin Hoffman, the all accepting touchy feely emotional father-love figure who had a shrine of his sons ho-hum acheivements, honorable mention trophys and so forth?

Compare that father-love figure to Robert Deneiro, who was the critical hard ass and way too high exspectations that no one could achieve.

Is this a good analogy and contrast to the two seperate

definitions of What-Love-Is?

C'mon BBA - you've read the bible. God sent his only son to die for you. You should know that God's unconditional love lasts forever. Providing, of course, that you do the right things.

C'mon BBA - you've read the bible.  God sent his only son to die for you.  You should know that God's unconditional love lasts forever.  Providing, of course, that you do the right things. meet the right conditions.

excellent post BBA.

just more proof that god is a desire and not a reality.

God loves to watch the majority of his children burn and be tormented forever in hell. Yep, he loves that forever.