Goodbye Jesus

A Random Thought On Abortion...

smellincoffee

Babies who've not been born are not alive, in the Biblical sense. Ergo, abortions aren't murder. God certainly doesn't have a problem with offing babies who've not yet been born.

Why do I say womb-bound aren't alive?

4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created.

When the LORD God made the earth and the heavens- 5 and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth [c] and there was no man to work the ground, 6 but streams [d] came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground- 7 the LORD God formed the man [e] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

If the babies haven't been smacked in the rear and begun breathing, then there's no 'breath of life" within them. I've been told that the "breath of life" is actually where God breathed in Adam's soul -- in which case, babies are not only not alive (in the biblical sense), but they have no souls. And even if they DO have souls, then killing them while they're innocence is the most merciful thing we can do -- there's absolutely no chance that they can be sent to Hell. Not even the murderer that is Jehovah could possibily justify damning babies.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

It's not really directed at anyone, just a random thought I had, and decided I would share here to see the reaction of it. It's not a real argument, just a nitpick. What are some of the other flaws, if you don't mind sharing?

I take it that this argument would be directed at a bible-believing christian? If so, the argument would not work, from several angles.

Just to mention one-

In the gospel of Luke, chapter one, the unborn John the Baptist and the unborn Jesus interact (Jesus’ presence causes John to “leap” in his mother’s womb). These two unborn individuals are very much alive according to the story.

The idea that one is not alive, or even soulless, until breathing for the first time would not fit in christian theology. I’m not making an argument that christian theology is right, consistent, or anything else, but if your point is to use their own text to disable their beliefs about abortion, this line of reasoning won’t work.

Christians don't know their own bible, that's the point. In the creation story if one is to believe it says God made man in his image. It also states that God breathed the breath of life into Man. Also, later in the commandments it gives a slight miniscule penalty for causing a women to miscarry, I forget now what that is exactly but I'd be happy to look it up when I get back later tonight.

I'd also like to say that once again "GOD" doesn't follow his own rules has he willy-nilly kills children (whom are living outside the womb) to teach 'evil man' a lesson, Justice has zero barring on gods murder spree and Christians can not in good conscious pull out the John the baptist kicked inside his mother card and ignore the rest of the evidence.

Big Deal, the bible say's a 5 month fetus kicked, I've been pregnant with 4 kids 3 times and I can tell you that's not a rare occurrence, it happens to women whom are pregnant and that doesn't take away any of the other facts to the contrary stated in the buybull.

...If the babies haven't been smacked in the rear and begun breathing, then there's no 'breath of life" within them. I've been told that the "breath of life" is actually where God breathed in Adam's soul...
Someone with much more free time that I have went through the bible and found over 30 references to life begining on the first breath.

There’s a passage in Psalms that I used to love. Christians might interpret as life before the first breath…

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you

when I was made in the secret place.

When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be.

Interesting to note that up until the 1800's the catholic church believed that abortion was not a sin if it was done before "quickening" (movement started), which they belived was when "ensoulment" happened (at 40 days for males, 80 for females - they thought male baibies matured faster).

FWIW,

I read Genesis. In the womb, out of the womb, what does it matter? Drown 'em all.

That's God's viewpoint. What history and the church says is irrelevant. Drown them ALL!!!!!