Goodbye Jesus

Convert Me

quicksand

Well, get to it those of you who feel you are filled and charged by God to do so.

Well, get to it those of you who feel you are filled and charged by God to do so.

I don't feel I am charged, I just didn't want you to think I was ignoring your post. :grin:

To be honest, we are told to share Christ with everyone but I heard something once that has really stuck with me.

"Share the love of Christ wherever you go, and when necessary, use words."

The Bible tells Christians to go into the world and preach the Gospel and once someone has heard it and rejects it, I let it go. If you ask me questions, I will continue to answer. I will also try and continue to show what Christians call Christlike behavior (which personally, I don't find difficult here.) You're an easy bunch to love.

Quicksand......you know everything you need to know. The only person that can convert you-- is you. Nothing I could say or do would change that.

Besides.......remember? I'm not here to convert.

Tap

Nah, you're going to hell, like all of us...

don't think you're going to escape, mister!

At least we'll have company.

:grin:

I don't feel I am charged, I just didn't want you to think I was ignoring your post.  :grin:

To be honest, we are told to share Christ with everyone but I heard something once that has really stuck with me.

The Bible tells Christians to go into the world and preach the Gospel and once someone has heard it and rejects it, I let it go. If you ask me questions, I will continue to answer. I will also try and continue to show what Christians call Christlike behavior (which personally, I don't find difficult here.)  You're an easy bunch to love.

Quicksand......you know everything you need to know. The only person that can convert you-- is you. Nothing I could say or do would change that.

Besides.......remember? I'm not here to convert.

Tap

We may not believe everything that you believe, but a lot of people believe in you.

I don't know you really, but I am very impressed with what youv'e said here.

Don't change TAP.

We may not believe everything that you believe, but a lot of people believe in you.

I don't know you really, but I am very impressed with what youv'e said here.

Don't change TAP.

Yes, I think TAP is a much better Christian than I ever was.

(Some maybe would say, "Well, that's easy", but no, I wasn't that tolerant)

So, TAP, you're the best!

Ah, Quicksand. Because I love you, I have a very special message for you. You may think you made that post as a kind of joke, or jab, but I believe you were guided by the White Polar Bear to make such a post. You may think that the WPB has no such influence on you, but deep in your heart, you know it to be true. Do not think of a white polar bear..... Did you think of one? The harder you try to not think of one, the more you will. Its because you've seen proof of the WPB in the world around you, and you realize it in your heart, even if you don't in your mind.

So, won't you pray, and be saved from being buried under a glacier when you die?

Ok, there's my cheek quota for today.

How is that supposed to make me want to be a Christian?

Let me give you the alternative....

"Preach hellfire to them until you are blue in the face and then kick 'em when you walk away."

After studying Lord John Calvin for a while, I've determined that you are not one of the elect. So sorry.

How is that supposed to make me want to be a Christian?

As I have studied the Bible (a graduate of seminary... which really means nothing except I have put in 'time'), God loves you just as much as He loves me or anyone else. Jesus came to 'save' you and I and all things, and He never fails. Believe now what you want my friend, yet as I understand the teachings... you and everyone else are 'coming home' with the rest of us... the easy way or the hard way... it is up to you.

The kingdom of God is within you, and as you sense that part in the core of you that loves and cares about you very much, that wants the best for your life, stay attached to that... The aspect I agree with in the atheist movement is that they realize that popular 'religion' often does not promote the way of true love. If I thought that the popular movement of 'religion' was the true God, I think I would be atheist also.

As I have studied the Bible (a graduate of seminary... which really means nothing except I have put in 'time'), God loves you just as much as He loves me or anyone else. Jesus came to 'save' you and I and all things, and He never fails. Believe now what you want my friend, yet as I understand the teachings... you and everyone else are 'coming home' with the rest of us... the easy way or the hard way... it is up to you.

The kingdom of God is within you, and as you sense that part in the core of you that loves and cares about you very much, that wants the best for your life, stay attached to that...  The aspect I agree with in the atheist movement is that they realize that popular 'religion' often does not promote the way of true love. If I thought that the popular movement of 'religion' was the true God, I think I would be atheist also.

Other than a appeal to emotion, there is not much here Amanda.

Welcome to the boards btw.

C'mon Xian lurkers, give it your best shot.

As Fweethwaht pointed out eariler Mat 12:21.

R-N-R baby. R-N-R.

:)

As I have studied the Bible (a graduate of seminary... which really means nothing except I have put in 'time'), God loves you just as much as He loves me or anyone else. Jesus came to 'save' you and I and all things, and He never fails.

Care to explain why he never checks his answering machine then?

Let me give you the alternative....

"Preach hellfire to them until you are blue in the face and then kick 'em when you walk away."

Thanks for reminding me why I prefer "none of the above". :D