Goodbye Jesus

Ken Miller, A Catholic, Debunks Intelligent Design

KT45

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8937189243168103522

As stated in the topic Ken Miller is a Catholic. I don't care what religion he is from. As long as logic and reason grows and is not hindered by mythology I am thankful. I applaud any christian that is willing to think outside the box and use reason, and especially who tries to get other christians to think the same.

Of course he might not get some christians on his side, because in their minds catholics aren't True Christians :Wendywhatever:

If your wondering how he debated against creationism I will tell you. The only 'science' creationist bring up is their idea of irreducible complexity. It's basically the idea that body parts, like the eye, and other species are too complex to evolve independently. Such arguments include saying that you can't have 1 percent of an eye. The main argument of irreducible complexity in this presentation mainly covers the flagellum. Other arguments talked about claims that their are a lack of findings of intermediate fossils which supposedly prove evolutions "holes". Ken's whole presentation talks about how he destroyied the idea in a court case. He DEBUNKS it totally. And he does it very well (for a christian :D)I won't get into it so watch the video.

Also if you don't want to debate with a christian about intelligent design you can give them Ken's book "Finding Darwin's God". you can find it here

http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Darwins-God-...TF8&s=books

Even though you may not agree with the idea of a God, gods or goddess'(neither do I), it can be effective in changing a christians ideas about evolution without destroying their faith. (Unless you bring up the idea of original sin etc but you wouldn't want to do that would you :)). I believe if this kind of information has a better chance of getting christians to accept reason. When an atheist, like Richard Dawkins, talks about evolution creationist get defensive. Having a christian do it lets their guard down because their faith isn't threatened. If this approach advances reason in the world then I support it and will buy the book for my christian friends.

Anyways, watch and enjoy. There is very little christian stuff in the video so you won't get a headache while watching.