Goodbye Jesus

Gay's Are Deviants...

Red_Pyramid

:mutters some remark about standard deviation:

http://www.realmarriage.info/resources2.htm

Are there any resources to the contrary of this crap???

I can't think of anything specific but here are some great sites.

ACLU/GLBT

Freedom To Marry

International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission

Glsen National

National Gay and Lesbian Task Force

Gay USA TV

Here's a link, not specifically about the marriage issue, but still related to whether homosexuality is a 'legitimate' form of relationship, ie. natural:

http://www.world-science.net/othernews/061...gay-animals.htm

There's also a recent exchristian blog entry on it:

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2006/10...christians.html

Unfortunately all the references in the replies so far link to sites which rely on human intelligence and even (shudder) SCIENCE for their point of view. These arguments obviously won't mean a thing to folks who believe the world is 6000 years old and was brought down by a talking snake.

Since the only reference that matters to these crackpots is the Bible, here's the Bible's view on marriage:

http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/BiblicalMarriage.htm

It sure is troubling. No matter what one believes religiously, it seems self-evident to me that the civil government should allow equal access to its institutions to all its citizens. Any church or religious organization has a right, of course, to refuse to marry anyone they please. But the government has no right to do likewise. It is especially troubling to me, someone who is gay and Christian, to hear so many misperceptions spouted by those who claim to follow Jesus. (I'm not denying their claim or their salvation, just stating that I see things differently.)

-currentchristian in massachusetts

It sure is troubling. No matter what one believes religiously, it seems self-evident to me that the civil government should allow equal access to its institutions to all its citizens. Any church or religious organization has a right, of course, to refuse to marry anyone they please. But the government has no right to do likewise. It is especially troubling to me, someone who is gay and Christian, to hear so many misperceptions spouted by those who claim to follow Jesus. (I'm not denying their claim or their salvation, just stating that I see things differently.)

How do you reconcile being gay AND Christian? It is something that I've never understood.

How do you reconcile being gay AND Christian? It is something that I've never understood.

Religion is a choice, gay is not............?

That's my best guess, but being neither gay nor christian I'll defer to the experts....

Religion is a choice, gay is not............?

That's my best guess, but being neither gay nor christian I'll defer to the experts....

That's easy. You just find reason to reject the parts of the Bible you don't like, or you just say "yah, I'm a sinner and that's ok". It's no different than what straight Christian singles do to justify why they can have sex.

Remember when the first followers of Jesus, Jews to a man/woman, had to be convinced that Gentiles were permitted into the kingdom? (Exclusion of others not like oneself is a universal bad habit!)

Upon experiencing the Holy Spirit filling the household of Cornelius the Gentile, those who wanted to lock up the Jesus reform within the Jewish family were convinced that God's tent is bigger than they imagined.

The same, I believe, is true for gay people. God's tent is larger than we can imagine and my personal experience has taught me that the Holy Spirit dwells in gay hearts, too.

Happily, there are several:

www.massequality.com

www.hrc.org

www.equalityforum.com

www.clgs.org/marriage/index.html

--currentchristian in massachusetts

Although I am in no way getting cozy with CC, I also could never understand why a gay person would want to be a Xian. I have been gay all of my life (just as every other gay person has been), and when I was old enough to think clearly, at about 15, I turned my back on this religion forever. I despise Xianity and all of Abrahamism, which clearly rejects and despises gay people and many others as well. These are death-worshiping, hatred-spouting crazy people - why would anyone (gay or straight) want to join them?

I LOVE it when christians say "God made Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve" and then stand there grinning like they've said something wise, witty and original.

Although I am in no way getting cozy with CC, I also could never understand why a gay person would want to be a Xian. I have been gay all of my life (just as every other gay person has been), and when I was old enough to think clearly, at about 15, I turned my back on this religion forever. I despise Xianity and all of Abrahamism, which clearly rejects and despises gay people and many others as well. These are death-worshiping, hatred-spouting crazy people - why would anyone (gay or straight) want to join them?

To quote Bill Clinton, "I feel your pain." (not trying to be funny or smart-alek)

The confusion comes from a misunderstanding of what I've joined. While I was foolish enough to join the Assemblies of God church from age 16 until age 21, for these past 20 years I have aligned myself with no religious or political denomination (yes, the Republican and Democratic parties are more appropriately called denominations). I have not joined myself to Christians, but to Christ.

The revelation that I'm gay came in Janurary 1973 when I was 8. Watching, some will laugh!!!, Elvis Presley's "Aloha from Hawaii" concert with my parents told me everything I needed to know about who I was. I always knew from then on. (And I've visited Graceland twice as an adult!)

For what it's worth, and it may not be worth much, despising Christianity does not seem healthy for one's psyche. Rejecting Christianity is one thing. Despising it might be another. Just something to ponder

-currentchristain in massachusetts

I LOVE it when christians say "God made Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve" and then stand there grinning like they've said something wise, witty and original.

Yes, that gets my goat, too. What they are saying, however, is "true" in that heterosexuality is the norm (meaning what usually happens, not what is "normal"). Heterosexuality is the means whereby evolution/Creator guaranteed reproduction and a fulfillment of the mandate to "be fruitful, multiply and fill the earth." I myself, a homosexual, am a product of heterosexuality. What gay-rejecting Christians fail to recognize is that there is variation in nature, without the variation being unnatural. While homosexuality is a variation on the (heterosexual) template, that does not make it unnatural.