Goodbye Jesus

The Bleating Of The Lambs

AgnosticBob AtheistPants

[EDIT]Most of the quotes are from THIS LINK while others are from THIS ONE.

"It's political, right before the elections," said Brian Boals, a New Life member for 17 years.

Church member E.J. Cox, 25, called the claims "ridiculous."

"People are always saying stuff about Pastor Ted," she said. "You just sort of blow it off. He's just like anyone else in the public eye."

"Our board of overseers were in. They were meeting with Pastor Ted. They were digging what the truth really is," Elder Dwayne Black said. "Some of the allegations had some truth to them. Many of them did not."

"I think pastor Ted is the hand of God, although, apparently, he's not perfect."

There ya go! God is a closet homosexual! Or at least his hand is... :shrug:

"The congregation, and so many more people, can forgive the indiscretion and the lies, but it will be harder to trust again if there's been a cover up," Imorde said.

IF??? :Doh:

What more do these people need? He lied about it initially! If it were as innocent as a "massage" after being referred to Jones by a Denver hotel, then why lie about it??? It's bullshit! Of course there's a cover up people! He just saw his career FLUSHED! He will NOT recover from this. Seen Swaggart lately? No? Me neither. That'll be Haggard in a very short while.

:scratch:

Hmmm...Swaggart...Haggard....interesting.

Well, as someone said, even Hitler had his constituents...

Seen Swaggart lately? No? Me neither. That'll be Haggard in a very short while.

Acutually, Swaggart has had his own tv show and church under JSM Ministries for the past several years. It didn't take long for the flock to forgive him and he was back in action. He decided he wouldn't submit to AOG's discipline and went his own way. He is not on TBN but other channels and his church looks like it is packed, full of bleating sheep. I presume Haggard will lay low for a year or two, then write a bestseller about how he has conquered his latent homosexuality, restored his marriage, beat his crystal meth habit, god's forgiven him, yata, yata. It will sell on the christian market for millions of copies. Not unlike Jim Bakker who wrote a book after his prison sentence. He also has his own tv show with his new wife. One should never underestimate the gulliblity of the average christian to put these idiots back on the pedestal.

Ever notice that these folks only admit their discretions and ask for forgiveness when someone else busts them in public…

Ever notice that these folks only admit their discretions and ask for forgiveness when someone else busts them in public…

This is because the only true sin is getting caught.

I'm just glad the gay prostitute has been vindicated, and now shown to have been more honest, riht from the start, than a supposedly respectable christian leader. :woohoo:

Perhaps he should sue for libel and slander (the prostitute) given all of the attacks on him after his announcement?

I think this man's ability to "rise again" lay solely and completely on the "quality" (cough, cough) of his preaching.

I have not heard the man speak publicly but assuming that his is of a similar genre of most popular preachers, it is the "performance" that the people come to see and not the message.

People are addicted to hearing their version of the gospel all dressed up like Swaggart, Bakker or Haggard.

It is a show, a performance, a spectacle and it matters little that the actor... yes you heard that right... the actor is holy or helly.

To quote one of my favorite and TV personalities... "I came to see the High Divin' act and I'm a gonna' see the High Divin' act!"

Because the audiance demands it... the show **must** go on!

Mongo

Just confirms for me that very few people have any real sense of morality, even the biggest proponants of it.

Just confirms for me that very few people have any real sense of morality, even the biggest proponants of it.

Hmmm. That indicates why churches need so many rules. I've always been told that if it weren't for the rules the world would go to the dogs or wherever. It seems if they don't want people to check it out they should stop making such crazy claims because it is so very obvious that there is at least as much morality outside Christianity as there is inside.

People who are so distinctly separate from the rest of the world as the conservative Amish and Mennonites have a pretty strong handle on such claims. They assume that what appears in the daily newspaper is regular fare for the average citizen. What I finally realized was the implausibility of those claims. If the "newsworthy" stuff were the regular fare it would not be newsworthy. But more fundamental than that--if the whole of society lived every day like front page criminals then North American society--this includes the Amish and Mennonites--could not depend on the police and hospitals for help.

First of all, they make sure they don't know anybody outside their own circles. Then they make up a lot of stuff to prove how bad outsiders really are. Then they use that stuff to prove why they should have no contact. I learned in anthropology that most minority groups are like this. I never found a text that said so. I just noticed that no matter who the people were about whom an article was written, they held this belief.

I kind of felt obligated to go back to my people with the good news that the world was not such a bad place after all. But first I tried it on a few of my siblings. The reception I got from them totally discouraged me from taking it further.

Seen Swaggart lately? No? Me neither. That'll be Haggard in a very short while.

Acutually, Swaggart has had his own tv show and church under JSM Ministries for the past several years. It didn't take long for the flock to forgive him and he was back in action. He decided he wouldn't submit to AOG's discipline and went his own way. He is not on TBN but other channels and his church looks like it is packed, full of bleating sheep. I presume Haggard will lay low for a year or two, then write a bestseller about how he has conquered his latent homosexuality, restored his marriage, beat his crystal meth habit, god's forgiven him, yata, yata. It will sell on the christian market for millions of copies. Not unlike Jim Bakker who wrote a book after his prison sentence. He also has his own tv show with his new wife. One should never underestimate the gulliblity of the average christian to put these idiots back on the pedestal.

Yes, I suppose you're right. :ugh: That's exactly what he'll do, the uncle fucker (as Terrence and Philip would say).

It will never end.