Goodbye Jesus

The Alleged Rapture Of 1992

Guest aginghipster

Guest aginghipster

It was the fall of 1992. I came home from the bar one Sunday and channel surfed to Jack Van Impe. JVI was going over Bible Prophecy. The material about the European Union and the Book Of Daniel was stuff I never heard before and I bought it. I called my friend the next day and told him about the Book Of Daniel and the ten horns which represent Nations. My friend laughed of course. I remember running into a bar the next night screaming about the end of the world. I was cuckoo for a period of weeks. Then when the world did'nt end as predicted I gradually came out of it. l was the brunt of jokes for a while but eventually everybody got over it. Actaully through the 90's discussion about the end of the world became popular. There were many engaging albeit drunken discussions. And here we are still plugging away in 2006. I had JVI on the other night and laughed. I've come a long way.

Then when the world did'nt end as predicted I gradually came out of it. l was the brunt of jokes for a while but eventually everybody got over it. Actaully through the 90's discussion about the end of the world became popular. There were many engaging albeit drunken discussions. And here we are still plugging away in 2006. I had JVI on the other night and laughed. I've come a long way.

Hey man, like I always say: "What if they held a rapture and nobody left?"

:woohoo:

Rob

I remember in the 80s I think it was, or late 70s forgot now, that there was some kind of astronomical or other doing that was said may end the world at mid-day, and they were considering sending the kids home from school to be with their families for the end. I'm serious! Of course, we all know the world didn't end.

I'm forever amazed at the crazy things people believe.