Goodbye Jesus

Happy Fucking Birthday

white_raven23

So I get a Birthday card from my Aunt and Uncle. They are christians. They write "In God We trust" on the outsides of envelopes. But heck, they are family and I love them as such...you know?

I've reached a milestone year. 30. Some see that age as the beginning of decline, I simply see myself beginning a new decade.

So I get this card.

I get two handwritten notes inside it, one of them wrote a message soaked in christianeze, the other simply wrote a missing you and happy b-day message.

But included in the note was a clipping of a comic strip called Ballard Street. Shows a guy looking at his own footprints in dirt behind him.

The caption reads:

"As often as not, Jeffrey questions the wisdom of where he's been."

Gee....

How...nice?

WTF!!

It's not something I would send to someone on their Birthday. I'm guessing the comic is supposed to be funny becasue there is some saying somewhere about wisdom questioning the road ahead instead of behind or something.....but what a thing to include with a birthday card!

You know how it is when someone does something, and you aren't sure if you are being insulted? So I showed the card to my parents at first opportunity. My mom took it as an insult too. My dad did as well, but with more of a shaking of head. As they say, you can't pick your family, and sometimes family does some pretty boneheaded things.

I know I sure wouldn't have included a clipping like that with someone's Birthday wishes.

Sorry to hear that. I hope the rest of your day goes well and that you can enjoy it despite the rudeness of your relatives.

Yeah, that's a bit irritating right there... heh, at least it wasn't a copy of that damn "Footprints" thing.

Happy birthday, by the way. I liked 30. (Maybe I'll like 35 too, when it comes.) Have a great natal day. :woohoo: