Goodbye Jesus

The Election Of 2006

Heimdall

Well, I am probably going to get my head handed to me on a platter on this, but here goes. About two years ago, I came back to this forum after a lengthy absence and posted the infamous “Quitcherbitchin” thread, chiding those folks moaning about Bush being reelected. I basically said that instead of bitching, it would be more productive to become politically active at that time and lay the groundwork for this election. I am proud of you that took the advice! Through your efforts we sent a message to the Repubnants and Dimmycraps both, that we are not satisfied with the direction of our government, that we want change and we want it now! It does this old man glad to see the younger generation doing right....Rock on folks - Heimdall :yellow:

I've been politically active since the 2000 cycle, but--

you're absolutely right though in saying that working to effect change is better than moaning about.

This was my third election and it was the only one that went the way I wanted it to. Well, I think I voted in the 1994 congress but I can't be sure if it was that one or the next...

Anyway, I feel really good about taking action and my faith in American democracy is slowly returning.

:woohoo: GO ME!!!

Well, I am probably going to get my head handed to me on a platter on this, but here goes. About two years ago, I came back to this forum after a lengthy absence and posted the infamous “Quitcherbitchin” thread, chiding those folks moaning about Bush being reelected. I basically said that instead of bitching, it would be more productive to become politically active at that time and lay the groundwork for this election. I am proud of you that took the advice! Through your efforts we sent a message to the Repubnants and Dimmycraps both, that we are not satisfied with the direction of our government, that we want change and we want it now! It does this old man glad to see the younger generation doing right....Rock on folks - Heimdall :yellow:

I second.

America at last exercised the final "check and balance" option. "Vote the bastards out".