Goodbye Jesus

Christians Get So Agitated...

Guest lamont

Check out this thread. These xian rockers get so mad, because this guy asked them why xians so easily gloss over attrocious things in the bible, such as stoning to death for pickign up sticks on the sabbath.

Check out their reactions. They quickly resort to personal attacks, rather than debate their point. Feel free to sign up and blast them, lol.

http://www.unnormal.ca/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3073

One of the Xtians wrote:

"First, who are you to decide what is fair and what isn't? When did humans become the ones to dictate our own laws? If we were, we would have a society much closer to that of Nazi Germany than what we have now today."

I fail to see the logic. It's as if Christians are on a totally different plane of reality.

I fail to see the logic. It's as if Christians are on a totally different plane of reality.

That's because they are.

They are on "turn off your brain and operate on hysteria alone" planet while we still dwell on earth.

If you really understood WHO God is, which nobody really does. But if you had that total respect for God, you'd do whatever he said.

Sorry, I'm not going to take the word of somebody I don't understand and kill somebody for them. Let alone ever respect them, god or not.

This really cracked me up though:

First and foremost, God is God. He created us for his purposes. He defines us. In fact, true love was defined by him, true obedience, true life. So your argument that because God had a man killed he is not loving doesn't make sense.

:lmao::lmao: :lmao:

and this is why xtianity is so fuckin dangerous

Where do you start? For such a small thread there is just so much madness shown...

Stoning to death is a hideous way to kill someone, what the hell happened to "thou shalt not kill"?

The Christians aren't able to say "Thats pretty fucked up" like the rest of us, as its a direct quote of God in the Bible, the perfect word of God, so it cannot be wrong.

you'll find that overall israel and god's commands are quite humane and merciful in comparison to the societies and cultural milieu encircling the biblical narrative

If the blood thirsty, murdering, rage filled God of the Bible was quite humane I'd hate to see what the alternative was! There are plenty of execution methods available to ancient man that were quick and painless (the obvious being beheading), the only reason to pick the horror of stoning is to put a message out there, that you will suffer a similar fate unless you fall in line.

Heck the old guy collecting sticks may have not known of the rule, its not like they gave him any chance to plead his case.

I'm not even surprised that the history of Christianity revolves around violence and forceful antics. It still is the case, yet they accept it or make some lame excuse to cover it up and try to live a "Christ-like" life as if what they're doing is any better. They look down on each other and live in nothing but psychologically unhealthy stress, yet they "continue on" because they're doing "the will of God." One thing that baffles me is that they don't even KNOW Jesus Christ. In order to know someone, you can't just read about what they taught. I could know anyone if I just read a book about them then. Did they ever meet Jesus in real life? Nope. What a bunch of insecure morons.

I've had a Christian get all angry at me before. He started yelling, "Look, matter does not create matter. We didn't just come out of a big bang and we didn't come out of nowhere. Something had to create us. God created us." What kind of lame bullshit is that? What's this conclusion with God? How about Galactus created us? How about aliens created us? Awesome fictional ideas! Too bad it's not reality.

My solution to their problem is that they need to get laid more often...
NO! We don't want them breeding any more than they already do.

OK, I just read the thread. It's always the same. Give them something to think about and they freak out. The one thing that bothers me is "Death is a punishment we have been dealt." Why is death a punishment? Everything dies. Trees, cats, fish, algae,etc. etc. Are they being punished, too? I just don't get it. Sorry, it must just be me.

^^ No, it's not just you. I don't understand it either. They make out death to be some kind of a cursed thing from the tree of knowledge. The cycle of life makes sense out of itself. There is no need for supernatural intervention to add onto what already makes sense by making less sense, which happens to make more sense to the delusional brain-abandoners known as Christians.

You must always wemembuh this:

KWISTIANS ARE KWAZY.

"First, who are you to decide what is fair and what isn't? When did humans become the ones to dictate our own laws? If we were, we would have a society much closer to that of Nazi Germany than what we have now today. You can argue that no, in fact we'd have exactly what today's society is. However, today's society is what it is because of what (we at least believe) God did. Man is primarily proud, and pride is what brought about Nazi Germany. If man were not in some way controlled by a higher power, our natural tendency would be to go towards something much more hellish than we see now. "

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

No, but seriously, aren't we as supposed to dictate our own laws? And what correlation is he trying to make about Nazi Germany? :shrug:

is joey ricky's wife?

What the...?

I could argue that he was stoned out of love, but I won't, because I don't like you.
It's not that I'm afraid as a Christian of hearing your arguments.. I just don't have the time to waste on people who don't care to listen... you've already made up your mind.

... So why are they replying in the first place? :Hmm:

Creator God said that the man should be stoned to death... you mean what's up other than that?

There's more going on in just those few words than anyone like you would understand.

:grin: That's absolutely ridiculous.

Guest dot_is_cute

OK, I just read the thread. It's always the same. Give them something to think about and they freak out. The one thing that bothers me is "Death is a punishment we have been dealt." Why is death a punishment? Everything dies. Trees, cats, fish, algae,etc. etc. Are they being punished, too? I just don't get it. Sorry, it must just be me.

That's a good point. Death is en essential part of the life-cycle. Otherwise it's more of a life-line-of-infinity. How would a Christian explain what would have happened if Adam and Eve hadn't sinned? We wouldn't be able to move for humans on this planet - not to mention bugs and spiders *shudder*. There'd be no food left at all - but that wouldn't matter since no one would die of starvation.

Spending life in a giant pyramid of naked bodies - crawling with bugs and friendly carnivores. Fish flapping around on dry land - not going anywhere but not dying. Imagine the amount of mosquitoes!!

What a perfect world(!)