Goodbye Jesus

Christians Telling The Truth!

Dakota

Every so often I visit www.christianitytoday.com to see what the loonies are up to and I was shocked to read this article, its titled: The Gospel; Faithful Not Crazy. Basically its all the usual rhetoric blah blah blah until this......

"But the fact is that we are not called to make the gospel anything other than what it already is. It is meant to be offensive. It is meant to separate father and son or mother and daughter. The road has already been labeled narrow and any attempts of ours to widen it, reconstruct it, and pave it are in vain. "

"We don't need more churches to be crazy. We simply need to be faithful."

I thought the first quote was a striking example of a christian admitting the bibble is offensive and divides families, the second quote was just plain funny to me. They admit that the don't need to build more churches to be a bunch of lunatics, they just need to be more faithful to prove to us they are lunatics!

Thought some might get a little kick out of this, if you want to read the whole article (which i doubt) you can find it here

http://www.christianitytoday.com/bcl/areas...les/061108.html

I actually had a minor but eye-opening discussion about something similar with my mom recently. She was giving me the line about Jesus being this great peaceful loving guy. My response was something along the lines of, "Oh yeah?" And then I reminded her about Jesus going postal on the fig tree, and throwing shit around in the temple, and the verses about coming "not to bring peace, but a sword".

People forget that the Bible isn't nice, and Jesus wasn't always nice, either.