Goodbye Jesus

Is Beer Bad?

mick

The best beer I've had (thus far) is a microbrew from Triumph Brewing Company, located on Nassau St in Princeton, NJ. It's the only beer I've had that actually is worth the $4 a pint.

I'm gonna miss that stuff :(

Triumph%20Brewing%20Co%202.JPG

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

beer is bad if it gets too warm..........

Dammit Mick!

It the time it took to click into this, I was already formulating in my head a post of the ancient nature of beer, and how it was used as currency and barter, and where I would find some supporting links, and an intent to check if and how many times the bible even mentions "beer"....(in the 1.5 seconds in took for the page to load....shit I don't even drink the stuff much :HaHa: )

:P

Then I see the message.

You got me.

What's up? It's Monday the 13th :eek:

And the current wind chill factor makes it approximately -26 to -30 Farenheight outside (seriously).

Weeha.

I'm more of a Brandy man :wicked: Although I do drink beer if I go to a bar...it takes longer to get a buzzzz.

Eh...I think it's impossible for any object to be bad in and of itself. After all, objects can't think for themselves. It's how you use them that counts.

I'm more of a wine drinker myself, but when it comes to beer, give me German. It's the best around.

The best beer I've had (thus far) is a microbrew from Triumph Brewing Company, located on Nassau St in Princeton, NJ. It's the only beer I've had that actually is worth the $4 a pint.

I'm gonna miss that stuff :(

Triumph%20Brewing%20Co%202.JPG

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Try Chimay. It's about $9/pint, but worth the splurge now and then.

I saw a two-pint bottle of beer for sale here in St Pete the other day for 4,000 rbls (about $130). :twitch:

Jebus Christ, that's some 'spensive beer :o

But I'll remember the Chimay :)

I'm more of a Brandy man

I live in the Charente, France. One of the towns in the Charente is . . .

COGNAC!!! The motherlode!!

Martell, Hennesey, Hine, Otard, Remy Martin, Meukow

mmmmm. cognac

A popular drink hereabouts is "Pinaud". It is essentially grape must boosted with cognac. then stored for a year or 2. Comes in white and rose variety. Most folk here have a pile of grapevines and evryone makes their own. So when you go visiting it is a standard aperatif.

ps - I've just seen this smiley on the left. :thanks:

Looks like a blow job smiley, Since its called "thanks" I think it IS a blowjob smiley.

I've never had "good" beer. All my mother ever drank to excess was Coors Light and that stuff was repulsive. So I'm leery of shelling out for any kind of beer. I told my friends I'd try a sip of theirs though the next time they actually want to go for a "good" beer.

.....I live in the Charente, France....

.....A popular drink hereabouts is "Pinaud". ....So when you go visiting it is a standard aperatif....

Hey Stewart,

(By way of my French partner), I have many friends and family in Angouleme, Cognac, La Ruelle (sp?), and La Rochelle. You live in a beautiful part of France, and the Pinaud is really good. Yummo. A walk along the banks of the Charante River in Springtime near Cognac, watching the barges pass through the hand operated locks, being observed by the cows. I'm always reminded of how beautiful the world can be when I'm there. :yellow:

God, sometimes I just want to have some preserved duck and, damnit, Americans won't touch the stuff. Or the very un-pc foie gras. You know, they've outlawed the stuff here in California. Granted, I'm sure being force fed corn gruel is not comfortable for the duck or goose, but I'm sure being butchered is no picnic, either and we still do that. [sigh...oh well] But I don't want to derail this thread with being a murderous meat eater.

For beer, I think the Belgians have the blue ribbon. We were in Bruxelles and Bruges last year, and god almighty, the brews were just incredible!

take care. :beer:

For beer, I think the Belgians have the blue ribbon. We were in Bruxelles and Bruges last year, and god almighty, the brews were just incredible!

take care. :beer:

Once again you've proven to be a man after my own heart Curtdude.

Now here I have to disagree. I can't stand Belgian beer. I have yet to find one that didn't smell like a skunk fell into the vat. I think the Germans got it right. My vote for the best.

http://www.widmer.com/

I used to live in Portland, god I miss their IPA. The KGB Imperial Stout (only on tap drat!) is also very impressive if you like beer so dark you can slice it.

Now here I have to disagree. I can't stand Belgian beer. I have yet to find one that didn't smell like a skunk fell into the vat. I think the Germans got it right. My vote for the best.

http://www.widmer.com/

I used to live in Portland, god I miss their IPA. The KGB Imperial Stout (only on tap drat!) is also very impressive if you like beer so dark you can slice it.

Kenny, My Man -

A skunk? :twitch: Oh my. I missed that one!

But sounds as if you like your brew DARK, dude! I can't drink that stuff, nor the Irish dark brews. Of course, I was only in Belgium a week, so didn't have a chance to try them all, but I noted that they tended to be lighter pilsners or ambers. The operative word for me was SMMMMMMOOOOOOOOTH as silk in texture. Love it. (Sorry for being an ignoramus on the correct terms for color, bouquet, etc.: I know they exist, like in wine tasting terms.)

Vigile, I too have noticed that we tend to agree on many things. I mean, if you agree on Beer, what else is there to disagree on? :grin: