Goodbye Jesus

Death, Afterlife, Etc

Amelia

Hi Guys,

See, this is what I don't get. If gawd is so all-knowing, ever-loving and all that wonderful stuff, why the hell doesn't he comfort us all and give us some reassurance of where we're headed after we die?

Why just put us here on earth, and let us flounder about? We all die, and most people are scared of death, so why the hell doesn't gawd just give all of us some reasssurance? Maybe some rep from the afterlife or something? Sounds funny, but I'm sure it could be of some use. Sure as hell could help prove a few things.

And why put us all through the pain of losing somebody? Why doesn't gawd show us any tangible, real comfort then? Why just leave us here to suffer from the fear of losing somebody, and the fear of our own death?

Reality is, if gawd exists, he/she could easily do that. They just choose not to I guess. Nicer to see us flounder here.

Cheers,

Amelia :)

Well-thought :)

And, if Gawd is all-loving, why did he make us mortal? Why did he make us so easily injured or sickened? Why are we composed of blood and smelly organs and so forth, instead of something much cleaner and durable?

Surely an all-loving, all-powerful god could've done better than this, no?

Xians like to blame sin. Well, then why not just get rid of sin? Erase sin, erase the devil, and bam - no more flawed world. Guess the Abrahamic god just can't do what a "mere" mortal like me can think of, eh?

When you really think deeply upon it, the notion that an all-loving, all-powerful, all-knwoing god (like the Abrahamic one) could've possibly wanted the universe and all which inhabit it to turn out like we did is about the most ridiculous absurdity ever proposed :crazy:

Agreed.

Simply put, if we are the product of a perfect being, than we should all be perfect. Seeing as how we are not, then it goes to reason that we are not a product of a perfect being. Period. I for one am not afraid of death anymore, because forth dimentionally speaking, we all essentially live forever...

Laughter dispels fear. Laughter deflates the pompous. Did you see the scene in the Harry Potter film where there was this demon thing that took the form of your worst fears. To conquer it you had to imagine your fears in a ridiculous setting and laugh at it.

It's not related to hell, but today, while driving home after the night shift I was thinking on the notion that God is everywhere. I thought how can that be? If he's everywhere, then he's in me too. How can he inhabit the body of a sinner. Therefore I thought he must also be in the bodies of even the most vile sinners (in god's eyes that is)

And then I thought - that nasty mixture of faecal matter, lubricant and sperm that is a by-product of anal sex. God's in that too.

And I laughed out loud for a long time.

Let's think on the ludicrous aspects of hell theology and laugh at them.

Stew

That's cause he's a selfish bastard full of contradictions that doesn't care. He just wants to blame us. Screw that mythical giant human-formed invisible old guy in the sky or whatever.

My real concern is not knowing what the hell is next. I mean, what if the next step is waking up in some white space where there's nothing else, but just white space? What the hell do you do then? Anyone ever see the short film "50% Grey"? Just what if it was something like that? It'd be the worst.

If we can't even remember life before our births, I'm thinking that we return to that non-existence after life. It only seems natural. It pisses me off not knowing what to think.

That's cause he's a selfish bastard full of contradictions that doesn't care. He just wants to blame us. Screw that mythical giant human-formed invisible old guy in the sky or whatever.

My real concern is not knowing what the hell is next. I mean, what if the next step is waking up in some white space where there's nothing else, but just white space? What the hell do you do then? Anyone ever see the short film "50% Grey"? Just what if it was something like that? It'd be the worst.

If we can't even remember life before our births, I'm thinking that we return to that non-existence after life. It only seems natural. It pisses me off not knowing what to think.

There's not any "next."

There's not any "next."

Yeah, you're right. What the hell was I thinkin'. Damn media even screws with my head and feeds me ideas. Torture only exists on earth. Death comes after life and death means non-existence. :woohoo: