Goodbye Jesus

The Bible God May Hate You

Guest Gary Lenaire

Guest Gary Lenaire

[When I hear people make comments to perfect strangers like "Jesus loves you," I immediately wonder what their knowledge of the biblical Jesus really is. Jesus, we read, will save a limited number of people. That explains why many people die and never believe in (or even hear about) Jesus. If Jesus indeed does love a specific person, then that person will be saved. This is also basic biblical study. Listen to what Jesus says in John 14:6:

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me."

And in John 6:44,

"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day."

These verses are extremely clear. The only way to come to the father is through Jesus. And the only way to get to Jesus is to be drawn by the father. In John 6:44, the ancient Greek word for draws literally means dragged. It is the very same Greek word, helkuo, used in Acts 16:19, "…they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the marketplace to face the authorities." This is what the Bible says regarding God’s sovereignty in salvation. So when people say things like "Jesus loves you" they may very well be wrong, according to the Bible. God, in clear biblical terms, may actually hate you. Hate that will flay you in burning flames forever. Your crime? You were not created with the ability to be drawn to Jesus.] -Gary Lenaire

In the Babble, Jebus says that if we love only those who love us, we do no better than the unbelievers.

Yet, Jebus shows that he behaves in that exact fashion. He wouldn't admit a nonbeliever into Heaven, no matter how good that person was in life, solely because said nonbeliever didn't want to be Jebus' boyfriend. Jebus will torture eternally all who do not worship him.

Therefore, Jebus acts no better than the unbelievers he accuses of such pettiness.

Gotta love those Babblical contradictions :Wendywhatever:

[When I hear people make comments to perfect strangers like "Jesus loves you," I immediately wonder what their knowledge of the biblical Jesus really is. Jesus, we read, will save a limited number of people. That explains why many people die and never believe in (or even hear about) Jesus. If Jesus indeed does love a specific person, then that person will be saved. This is also basic biblical study. Listen to what Jesus says in John 14:6:

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me."

And in John 6:44,

"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day."

These verses are extremely clear. The only way to come to the father is through Jesus. And the only way to get to Jesus is to be drawn by the father. In John 6:44, the ancient Greek word for draws literally means dragged. It is the very same Greek word, helkuo, used in Acts 16:19, "…they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the marketplace to face the authorities." This is what the Bible says regarding God’s sovereignty in salvation. So when people say things like "Jesus loves you" they may very well be wrong, according to the Bible. God, in clear biblical terms, may actually hate you. Hate that will flay you in burning flames forever. Your crime? You were not created with the ability to be drawn to Jesus.] -Gary Lenaire

Hi Gary, welcome to the board. Are you an EX-Calvinist perchance?